Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 408...mY nEw mAntRa???...

Well...it's another Monday...and another new week in the gym. I've been such a basket case over my body lately that I'm wondering if I need to switch to yoga or silent meditation with monks. I'm like Shallow Hal, only instead of seeing everyone as beautiful...I see myself in reverse. I see beauty as ugliness and I see fit as fat. Not good! I SO need to chill..I know that. I already mentioned this in my other blog...so I apologize to the whole 3 people that read intermittently...gotta cover all the bases and be true to my friend. ANYWHO...as I wrote in my "blonde" blog...my friend K says I need to adapt a new mantra that doesn't start with "I suck" or "I'm fat"...and this is gonna be hard. So here goes...
I am beautiful. My a** looks hot in my tight jeans and spandex workout pants. When I wear a shirt with words and people stare at my chest...they are not always reading...and they are smiling. When I wear heels...my legs look long and sexy. When I walk by, people stop and stare...not because I look ugly...because I look good. I am beautiful.

I am strong. When I compete in the gym, I do well...sometimes...I even "beat the boys". When I demonstrate movements in the gym, I can make them look easy...even when they are not. When I do a difficult movement or lift a heavy weight, others are impressed. I have a body that most women would want and I should be proud. I am strong.
There you have it. Today, I don't believe it. In fact, I'm embarrassed to post this..but I'm gonna say it everyday...and pray that one day...I believe. So, once again...thanks K!

I am vowing NOT to write anything negative about myself for ONE WHOLE WEEK on this blog! This may merely mean that somedays...all I have to post is my WOD (workout of the day)...but either which way...I will be true to my vow and see what happens. I can't promise rose petals and butterflies indefinitely because...well...that's just not me. One week...I can do! ;)

I'll add my WOD and thoughts about today's adventures in the gym this afternoon! Until then...
"I am beautiful...My a** looks hot....."

So... it was a good day. I did the workout that I planned for J's classes that I was covering and then I had a blast dragging the tire A gave me! I stuffed 2 35 lb DBs in the tire, put the harness on and struggled my butt off dragging it across the parking lot. Then I turned around and facing the tire...holding the harness...and pulled it back across the parking lot. I did that 3X. It was a STRUGGLE, but SO fun! Today was good. I am good.

WOD
-------
50 JUMP ROPE SINGLES
10 DB HANG SQUAT CLEANS (20 LB DBs)
10 ROUNDS
(19:39)

TIRE DRAG/PULL 3 X ACROSS THE PARKING LOT AND BACK (2 -35 LB DBS + 40 LB TIRE=110 LBS TOTAL)

No comments: