Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 227...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

I was worried about how well I would do today when I woke up this morning, because I had no voice and a sore throat. I felt pressure to do well today with "the new guy", C coming in to Crossfit Mansfield this evening. I didn't want to let J down...not again. Slowly, my voice returned and I started to feel better, so I went and did cardio this morning at Utopia. I tried to think positive...a feat for obsessive, pessimistic, perfectionists like me.

Tonight's workout was deceptive. These 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 workouts are way worse than they seem. The good part is that when it peaks...you are on the downhill slide...it can only get better the longer it goes. The deadlifts felt surprisingly easy. The running was the worst part...especially when I would turn to come back and the wind was pushing me back. I felt much stronger than I anticipated...which was a nice surprise. C was there working out at the same time, but was doing a different WOD. He's a very nice guy and will be a great addition to the gym. It was nice to workout alongside a person that didn't stare at me like I'm a circus act...but that was struggling to "gut it out" just like I was...someone that can appreciate the effort.

Today went well. It was a relief. I really enjoyed today's workout.

WARMUP
-------------
10 OVERHEAD SQUATS (3X)
5 PUSHUPS (3X)

WORKOUT
-------------------
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

115 LB DEADLIFT
24 IN BOX JUMP
PUSH UP

400 M RUN (EVERY OTHER ROUND-10, 8, 6, 4, 2)
TIME=23:46 (I THINK...I'LL DOUBLE CHECK TOMORROW)

CARDIO (IN A.M.)
-------------
35 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: