Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 201...aBs...AbS...aNd mORe ABs...

Oh how I want me some HOT abs! There's just a couple of problems. I HATE ab exercises and I don't eat for good abs. So, I'll probably never have the abs I want, but I know mine can look a lot better...and definitely more defined. When I used to use my "pink" book that W made me...every week had a 5K/ABS day. I've kind of gotten out of that habit, so today, I decided to work my abs.

I started with LONG cardio. I walked on the treadmill for an hour. I didn't walk especially fast. I was more interested in steady fat burning then in cardio endurance or speed. When I got done, I moved on to the dreaded ab work. My body is sore...especially my shoulders. That became even more apparent when I went to do "froggies" on the bench. I went to lean back and grab both sides of the bench and it was so painful to put my shoulders back like that. I almost couldn't do it, but I did.

I wanted to do some bridges/planks but I forgot my watch. It's too hard to try and hold a position, concentrate, and look up at a clock to keep time. Luckily, F was very nice and offered to let me borrow his watch that has a stopwatch. Well, that took any excuse I had away...so I took it and went to work. I did pretty good on those. I was shaking like crazy at times...trying to hold my "position"...until I hit the minute mark. I haven't really done any ab work to speak of so it was a challenge. I worked really hard...so I REALLY hope my abs are sore tomorrow!!!

CARDIO
----------
1 HR MED PACE WALKING

THEN ABS:
30 FROGGIES
20 INCLINE SITUPS WITHA MEDICINE BALL PRESS AT TOP (10 LB BALL)
1 MIN PLANK/BRIDGE POSITION
1 MIN SIDE BRIDE (30 SEC EA SIDE)
1 MIN FLUTTER KICKS
REPEAT FOR 3 SETS

STRETCH

No comments: