Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 203...neVeReNdiNg...

I felt strong...ready to "suffer". I work hardest on Saturdays. I go to the gym knowing that I will be there...for a LONG time. I chose another one of W's workouts. The one I chose is deceptive. It seems basic and average...but if it is done with intensity...the intensity that it is worthy of...it is exceptional and brutal. I knew that...but I wanted more...so I changed it up a bit and added a little more.

I thought that I would never be done. I struggled from the start to the finish. I did well, but I was relieved when it was over. I was exhausted after over an hour of almost nonstop working out...and knowing that I still had cardio to do was a little daunting.

I've learned over the past couple of years that the anguish of quitting when it is hard...of giving up when it painful...is far worse than the pain of persistence when it seems that it will never end. At times today, I thought, "I could do less reps and no one would know"...but I immediately dismissed the thought, because I knew that that would never work...I would know and I would feel regret. It felt like a never ending day at the gym...but like everything in life...I persevered and it eventually ended.

WARMUP
-----------
5 MIN ELLIPTICAL

WORKOUT
--------------
SHOULDER PRESS (15LB DBs)
BICEP CURLS (ALTERNATING-15 LB DBs)
TRICEP PRESS (20 LBS)
PUSHUPS
SEATED ROWS (60 LBS)
LEG EXTENSIONS (50 LBS)
ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS (65 LBS)
21, 18. 15.12. 9 (75 TOTAL)

AT THE END OF EACH ROUND, BEFORE STARTING OVER I DID THESE 2 EXERCISES:
OVERHEAD LUNGES (BACK & FORTH-APPROX 30)
15 STAR JUMPS

CARDIO
----------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: