Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 214...Ciento!..Ay Caramba!...

I was feeling...less than enthusiastic...about going to the gym today. I'm tired and sore...my confidence is lacking...but I knew that I HAD to go. That's how working out is for me. It's like a job with no vacation or sick days...so I pulled myself out of the heap I was in and went. I had no clue what I would do when I got there. I looked over my book while I warmed up on the bike and picked a workout that I haven't done in forever. It's funny sometimes how people can call...or text...or just say just what you need to hear without even knowing that you needed hear it. One of the trainers that talks to me all the time, R, must have noticed that I was there reluctantly...that I was "tired". He was nice and we chit chatted and then he looked at my book to see what I was going to do. He smiled and said..."You just keep going and keep working hard. You are one of the top women here at this gym. I don't know if there's any women that could do what you do in here, so you should feel good about that." Wow! He SO had no idea how bad I needed that!

So anyways...back to my workout..."Crossfitters" know what the "Filthy 50" is...and Mark Twight fans know what the "300" workout is...but only I know the "100" workout that was so kindly crafted for me by my friend and ex trainer. It's 100 of each exercise listed. The overhead lunges are never a problem for me, but the ball slams were a little harder than usual because I got a new medicine ball. I "upgraded" from 12 lbs to 15 lbs, but they were still very manageable. The pushups were harder than normal after slamming a heavy ball 100 times...but I mostly struggled with the inverted rows. My arms were so tired at that point and I was more than ready to be done. I broke them up 10 at a time and even that pushed me. My legs didn't really hurt on the last 100 lunges...they just felt very tired. Afterwards, I struggled through cardio. I wanted to do 45 minutes on the elliptical, but my knees started to bother me so I thought it would be better to stop at 35 minutes and still be able to workout tomorrow without nagging knee problems...I mean I DID JUST DO 200 LUNGES!!!

I'm glad that I fought through and went to the gym. My workout was hard enough...without being too hard. I left feeling satisfied...like I did a good job and worked hard. Ay yay yay..What a relief!

WARMUP
-------------
5 MIN RECUMBENT BIKE

WORKOUT
-----------------
100 OVERHEAD LUNGES
100 MEDICINE BALL SLAMS (15 LBS)
100 PUSHUPS
100 INVERTED ROWS (STRAIGHT LEGS)
100 OVERHEAD LUNGES
TIME= 30:42

CARDIO
------------
35 MIN ELLIPTICAL
STRETCH


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...POSTSCRIPT...5:11PM...

This workout..."El Ciento" as I'm calling it...knocked me on my butt! I obviously overdid it, because I have been spent all day. All I can think about is sleep and sore muscles. I'm lying down on my bed with an ice pack strapped to each knee! WOW!...that makes me feel like an old lady! So...if you're looking for a good "beat down"...look no further..."El Ciento" will do it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: