Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 224...MAX squats...and more...

Today was a "strength" day. Those are hard for me...not because I'm weak or don't enjoy them...but you have to take time to rest in between efforts. Then, because I haven't been going like a maniac...I worry that I haven't done enough. Now that J has his own place, we can do more of this stuff, because he has bumpers and I can drop the weight if needed...and I did...a couple of times. I'm still not used to it though, so I would sit frozen with weight on my back like..."help"...J would say "Drop it."...and then I would. It was nice this morning because I couldn't sleep last night and I was really tired. I woke up feeling stressed...although...I'm not sure why. J is an easy going person...and it was just us...so it had a calming effect on me.

I wasn't able to squat as much as I would've liked to, but I did alright...for the first time trying to max out. Then, he showed me his glute/ham developer. That thing could inflict some pain. Lucky for me, I was just "tryin it out". I ended with 100 ABMAT situps and then, I went to Utopia (the "old" gym) to do cardio.

I only did 35 minutes on the elliptical and then I got one of my "brilliant" (NOT) ideas...to do just "a little more". Freakin Idiot! When will I learn?!? I did some other stuff, but finally I was so tired and shaky that I left to grab a tuna sandwich and head to Syd's soccer game. I've been really tired since. My husband is NOT a personal trainer...he's a "financial/investments guy"...but still I got the talk about over doing it when I workout...not from a physiological perspective...but from a financial perspective that could be used in either scenario. I got the "Law of Diminishing Returns" talk.

All in all...today was okay...not the best...and not the worst...just somewhere in between. I'll take that.

WARMUP
------------
2 MIN JUMPROPE
FEW STRETCHES

WORKOUT
---------------
BACK SQUATS (MAX)
3-3-3-3-3

95-115-135-135
(155 failed)-135 (155 failed again)

100 ABMAT SITUPS

CARDIO
-----------
35 MIN ELLIPTICAL
THEN:
25 CLOSE GRIP TRICEP PRESS (40 LB BAR)
25 ROMANIAN DEADLIFT (75 LB BAR)
3 ROUNDS

THEN:
20 OVERHEAD PRESS WITH 35 LB PLATE
20 BENT ROWS HOLDING 35 LB PLATE
3 ROUNDS

25 REVERSE CRUNCH
then...I gave up...because I was too tired

No comments: