Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 226...i dOn'T kNoW wHaT tO tHinK...

Here I go again... I'm not crazy sad or down after my workout. Actually, I'm not sure how I feel or what to think of myself...of my performance. I was cautiously optimistic about today's WOD. I hurt my hand pretty bad last week...and it's doing a lot better...but it's still pretty sore...and that new skin is very sensitive. I really thought that I could just tape it up and do whatever I want...pullups included.

I was wrong. From the get go...I was out of sync. I couldn't get the right grip and my hand was hurting...really bad. I didn't want to complain or tell J that I needed to stop. I just wanted to push through. It finally became apparent that it wasn't going to work. I think that J was disappointed and thought maybe I wasn't trying. The problem was that it takes concentration to do well on these types of workouts. It also takes commitment to the workout and to finishing. It was becoming difficult to commit or concentrate when I had to keep adjusting the tape...then trying to put gloves on...then trying gloves without tape. I was a disaster. Every time, I would go out to run...I was internally beating myself up...which only slowed me down and made matters worse. J finally changed it up, but at that point I was off my game.

When I was done, I did 30 minutes on the rowing machine for my cardio. It was much harder than I anticipated. I was feeling so desperate during the last 5 minutes that it was crazy. I was glad though because the intensity helped me walk away feeling like I had done...something. A new "Mansfield Crossfitter" is coming in to workout at the same time as me tomorrow. J and I joked that he'll probably come in and be way stronger and faster than we are. Today was weird. I hope tomorrow goes a little smoother.

WARMUP
-------------
10 OVERHEAD SQUATS (REPEAT 3X)

WORKOUT
-----------------
21-15-9

INVERTED RING ROWS (FEET UP ON BOX)
THRUSTERS (65 LBS)
PULL UPS (BAND ASSISTED)

400M RUN AFTER EACH ROUND.

J SCRAPPED THIS ON THE LAST ROUND AND HAD ME DO SOME BOX JUMPS, LUNGES CARRYING A KB, AND WALK OUTSIDE ACROSS PARKING LOT WHILE HOLDING A 45LB BAR OVERHEAD. I FINISHED WITH A 800 M RUN.

CARDIO
----------
30 MIN ROWING MACHINE (5975M)

No comments: