Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day 201...WHOA!...

I went in with dread today. I'm not proud of my attitude or performance yesterday. The one thing that I AM proud of...is that when I was depressed last night...I made a batch of sugar cookie dough with the intention of baking and eating ALL of it. I just needed "comfort" and warm sugar cookies and cold milk sounded like some comfort to me. I snapped out of it luckily and realized that doing that is the worst possible solution, so I turned off the preheated oven and washed ALL the dough down the sink. It felt good to be in control...of something.

This morning my body was begging for rest, but J is leaving out of town so today was the last day I had left. He worked out with me which surprised me. I know that I haven't been "good enough" to workout with since I came back. I don't know if he really wanted to workout with me, or if he was planning to let me "win"...whichever way...it was fun to workout together again. We got our stuff and did the first part of our workout. Whoa! It was hard...stressful. I haven't used my 35LB kettlebell since I've been "back". It was heavier than I remember. The box jumps were hard for me. I almost felt like my quads are so tired that I wasn't going to make it up each time and it was really painful standing up on top. I finished before J. I think he LET me beat him. I'd much rather like to think I did on my own, but I think he took pity on me. After we got off the floor from recovering...we went to the next round...20 minutes of burpees and pullups. Is he freakin crazy?!? Actually it was fun...neverending and tiring...but still fun.
I feel better than I did yesterday. I still feel a little sad, but I'm moving on. I think I'm just really fatigued. J has worked me with alot of weight this week. I'm kind of excited to come up with workouts on my own for the next couple of days. I want to see what I can do without my "boys".

WARMUP
-----------
5 MIN ELLIPTICAL
STRETCHING

WORKOUT
--------------
25 SDHP (45LB BAR)
25 BOX JUMPS (22IN)
25 KB SWINGS (35LB)
25 ARM STEP UPS
25 THRUSTERS (45LB BAR)
TIME 6:36

THEN:
20 MINUTES OF BURPEES (W/PUSHUP)/PULLUPS

CARDIO
----------
45 MIN ELLIPTICAL
STRETCH


TODAY'S "POWER" SONGS:
"I LIKE IT, I LOVE IT"- Lyrics Born
"CALLIN OUT"- Lyrics Born
"HOTT 2 DEFF"- Lyrics Born
"CUTE WITHOUT THE 'E' (CUT FROM THE TEAM)-"Taking Back Sunday" (good tip from J)
"MAKEDAMNSURE"-"Taking Back Sunday"

No comments: