Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 229...mAkiN Up iS hArD tO Do...

I'm so aggravated that I'm getting sick! I CANNOT be sick! I don't have time to be sick! I HATE everything about being sick...the foggy head...the scratchy, sore throat...the having to slow down and rest...I hate it all. Because I HATE being sick...I always say that I REFUSE to be sick...and then I act as though I'm not. I don't rest. I don't take care of myself any better than I did before I got sick...I just keep goin.

I woke up with a sore throat and an aching head. I knew I should rest...not workout...but in normal fashion...I worked out anyway. I wanted to make up yesterday's WOD...and I did. It was a little strange...working out at the "old gym" without J. I find it so fascinating that people at the gym seem to get so irritated when I do a Crossfit workout. I'm out of the way...and I don't bug anyone...at least not intentionally. When I started the time and did the first 2 rounds...I thought, "Wow! This is easy. I'm gonna get lots of rounds in my 20 minutes!" Once I got to round 5, I was breathing hard and suddenly...it didn't seem so "easy" anymore. There were a few people watching...but trying to act like they weren't. Then there were a few that acted "put out". I was dizzy and worn out when I got done. I also added 2 small, new blisters to my collection of "hand issues". It was hard making up yesterday's workout, but it was a "fun" workout.

WARMUP
-----------
5 MIN ELLIPTICAL
STRETCH

WORKOUT
--------------
10 THRUSTERS (45 LB BAR)
10 PULL UPS (JUMPING)

MAX ROUNDS IN 20 MINUTES (11 ROUNDS + 1 THRUSTER)

CARDIO
-----------
20 MINUTES ELLIPTICAL
15 MIN RECUMBENT BIKE
STRETCH

No comments: