Saturday, May 3, 2008

Day 231...a sAtuRdAy oF sWeeTs...


Today I went in and worked with J. It was a good workout...not very hard (except for the pullups)...but still good. J made some parallettes that worked really well. My kipping pullups are coming along...better each time I try. I did 4 in a row without stopping in between. I know it sounds lame, but for ME...it's a feat! My hands were hurting, but I'm hoping and praying that they will toughen up...SOON! Kudos to J! He said I could do it...and I didn't believe him.

Afterwards, I went home to take a bath and wash my hair, so that I could change out of my workout clothes and get ready to go back up there for a training session with some new "potential" clients. I wanted to get there before the couple did, so I didn't feel like I had time to fix anything to eat. Sooooo...what did I eat?...2 Krispy Kreme donuts! They tasted so good, but I felt so bad after eating them...not exactly the lunch of champions! Regardless, I gobbled them down and headed for the gym.

I am going to classes to get a personal training certificate, so that I can help J out and train people at his place. J has had me watch as he teaches this couple the "fundamentals" of Crossfit. I have to admit that I have wondered about some of the things that he has taught them, but today they all came together.

I got a text message while I was there that said my daughter scored her first goal of the season at her soccer game today. That's what happens when you offer 20$ for a goal! I NEVER thought it would actually happen. I was so excited for her...but a little sad that I missed it. I called her and congratulated her. My husband said they were going to celebrate with ice cream. Here we go again with the sweets! I texted back, but never got a response, so I figured that they went without me. I got home and found out that they had never left...so we took off for Braum's. Okay...I KNOW that I could just sit and watch...but...I indulged...AGAIN! I love Peppermint ice cream and I can only get it there...at Braum's...that was the rationalization anyway.

So, now I sit here...feeling guilty...wishing that I had never eaten those donuts...or that ice cream. I can see J holding his "healthy" can of fruit that he showed me before I left...it's haunting. I can hear him saying "You need to eat better...cleaner. You'll have more energy. etc. etc. etc.". Man, why do I have to have such a sweet tooth?!?!

WARMUP
-----------
STRETCH
2 MIN JUMPROPE

WORKOUT
----------------
3 ROUNDS FOR TIME

5 GHD SIT UPS
10 GHD HIP EXT
15 DIPS (Parralletes)
ROW I MIN (Damper 8)
20 PULLUPS (Half kipping-towards the end with a band b/c my healing hand was hurting too bad)
25 SQUATS


TIME ??? (It was impossible to get an accurate time because I had to stop and put tape on my hand, then put gloves on to keep it on my hand, and also some people came in and were talking to J which was distracting and led me to believe we weren't really timing it. Woops! My bad!)

AS FOR CARDIO...I HAVEN'T DONE IT YET. I THINK I'LL RUN ONCE WE GET HOME FROM EATING DINNER...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE...(10:20 P.M.)


I just got back from a run. I just CAN"T STAND not getting my cardio in. It wasn't fun running on a full stomach...especially since we ate Mexican food for dinner...BLEH! I used to run at night all the time, but it's been a long time since I went on a nighttime run. I ran REALLY slow to avoid barfing...plus I wasn't going for speed...I just wanted to go at least 5 miles.

DISTANCE=5.08 MILES
TIME= 45:37
AVERAGE PACE=8:58 MIN/MILE (WHOA...SLOOOW!)
CALORIES BURNED=496
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: