Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 239...a dAy iN tAbAtA HeLL ...

Today was one of the tougher days I've had in a while. My legs hardly ever burn...or hurt. Once I did 450 squats...150 at a time with a half mile run at 8.0 on the treadmill in between...and I wasn't even sore...at all...the next day. Today, I literally could NOT keep going at times. I cheated on my rest positions and I felt hopeless and desperate...much of the time. I've never done "Tabata" intervals before. It was a shock to my system in more ways than one. It was a shock in the fact that I didn't manage the pain as well as I usually do...mentally. It was a shock in that I physically felt..."funny"...shaky...light headed...all around weird when I was done. I feel a lot of regret and frustration. I am sufficiently humbled. I feel pretty unsatisfied with today's experience. It was hell on earth...and I HATED it during the process. Now, my quads are killing me. I had to get a pan from under the counter tonight and I could barely get to my feet after squatting down to reach it. At the same time...I wouldn't have it any other way, because with that frustration and regret...comes determination to do better next time...and with that humility...comes the desire to learn and improve...and with that pain...comes strength...I hope.

WARM UP
-----------
2 MIN JUMPROPE
15 PRACTICE QUATS WITH PVC AGAINST THE POLE
STRETCHING

WORKOUT
---------------
"TABATA" 20:10 X 8 (20 SECONDS OF MAX EFFORT/REPS...10 SECONDS REST IN A "HOLDING" POSITION EX. BOTTOM OF SQUAT...AND BACK TO 20 SECS ETC ETC FOR 8 ROUNDS OF EACH EXERCISE..."SCORE" = LOWEST NUMBER)

BOTTOM TO BOTTOM SQUATS - 17, 19, 12, 15, 13, 8, 12, 13
(SCORE=8)
DIPS ON PARRELLETTE BARS - 22, 18, 8, 15, 16, 12, 15, 20
(SCORE = 8)
ABMAT SITUPS - 10, 10, 12, 10, 12, 10, 12, 10
(SCORE = 10)
K SWINGS 35 LBS - 11, 10, 10, 9, 10, 9, 9, 10
(SCORE = 9)

CARDIO
------------
NOPE. I HAD PRETTY MUCH GIVEN UP ON MYSELF BY THE TIME I LEFT, AND NEVER GOT IT DONE.

YEAH...I PRETTY MUCH SUCK!

No comments: