Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 241..."nAnCy"...etc...

I went in today...not sure I was "up" for working out. I warmed up and decided that I would push through the emotional and physical pain I was feeling...and I did. My WOD (workout of the day) was "Cindy" from the Crossfit site...that's a 400 M run and 15 Overhead Squats...5 rounds...for time. I felt better than I thought I would. I only started doing weighted overhead squats maybe a month ago. I'm getting stronger, but they are still a challenge. I started with the 45 lb bar, but J wanted me to go faster so he switched me to the 35 lb bar. I really wanted to do the heavier one, but I was much more able to get into a rhythm with the lighter bar. It was actually easier than I expected.

After I was done, I went to the "old gym" for cardio. I got there and ended up doing a bunch more weights...AND cardio too. I just can't do a 16 minute workout and feel like it's enough. I know it is supposed to be, but I worry...me?...worry?...what a strange occurrence! (NOT)

WARMUP
------------
2 MIN JUMPROPE
15 SQUATS AGAINST POLE W/ PVC
20 ARM CIRCLES (FORWARD & BACK)
10 PUSHUPS
STRETCHING

WORKOUT
----------------
"NANCY"
400 M RUN
OVERHEAD SQUAT (35 LB WOMEN'S BAR)
TIME=16:35

THEN:
15 SEATED ROW (60 LBS-HOVERING)
15 ABDUCTOR (120 LBS)
15 TRICEP ROPE PRESS (30 LB)
15 ADDUCTOR (120 LBS)
15 LEG LIFTS
15 HAMMER CURLS (15 EA ARM-30 TOTAL)
15 PULLDOWNS (70 LBS)
15 "HEISMAN" CABLE PRESS IN LUNGE POSITION (30 LBS-15 EA ARM-30 TOTAL)
REPEAT FOR 3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
----------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL-CROSS TRAINING PROGRAM

STRETCH

No comments: