Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 230...WOO! HOO! I'm gettin it!...

Life is so ironic! I just wrote a post on my other blog that talked about an experience that I had the first time that J tried to teach me the Push Jerk. I was freaking out Wednesday night when he was teaching some new people the same lift. All I could think was, "Please don't ask me to demonstrate!!!". Luckily, he knows I suck at it, so he didn't. Whew! So I'm thinking about it yesterday...the Push Jerk that is. I watched some video demonstrations and I went in today, planning on asking J why we teach such a complicated exercise to beginners...I mean I can't even get it!

I showed up and what does he have me do???...THE PUSH JERK!!! AHHHHHH!!! I already made my mind up that I suck and it's not happening...he ignored all that...and we went to work. I'm not very good. I struggle to "open my hips" and I'm not good with "explosive" movements...buuuut....I'M GETTIN IT! It was scary and a relief at the same time to move onto the 45 lb bar. I understand why we learn with PVC pipe, but having the weight really helps. It's hard, but it helps too.

I also got to use a semi bounce D-ball for the first time. Wow! What a difference it makes to have to squat down and grab that ball, rather than just catching it on it's way up. That took some getting use to, but I got it good by the end...at least I thought so. I used the rower for my cardio and was reminded just how hard 30 minutes on a rowing machine is. All in all...I had a good workout today!

WARMUP
------------
3 SETS OF 10 OVERHEAD SQUATS WITH PVC PIPE
10 PUSHUPS
500 M ROW
STRETCHING

WORKOUT
---------------
30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5

45 LB PUSH JERK (USED PVC ON FIRST ROUND)
16 LB "D-BALL" SLAM

CARDIO
----------
30 MIN ROWING MACHINE


...A CROSSFIT VIDEO OF HOW TO CORRECTLY DO A PUSH JERK...

No comments: