Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 238..dEjA vU...

Today was like "deja vu"...and NOT in a good way. I was doing the Crossfit WOD called "Cindy" (5 pullups-10 push ups-15 squats max rounds in 20 minutes). I knew the pull ups would be the only thing to keep me from doing really well...and it was. My hand was hurting but I was trying to get 10 rounds. I had completed 9 and had a minute to get to 10...and then...it happened...I ripped ANOTHER blister open just like I did a couple of weeks ago. I was so mad...not about having to walk around with a stupid looking bandage on my hand...not because J chose a workout with multiple pullups...mad because then I can't workout like I want to. Grrr! I didn't get as many rounds in as I wanted and I wish my hands would toughen up..but on the brightside...I did 47 pullups in all!!! I have the ugliest, most spastic "kip" ever, but as long as I get my chin over the bar...it's all good. J did "Cindy" after me and smoked my butt...even sick!

I wrapped up my hand and then J and I went outside. I did some overhead lunges and threw the D-ball...ran to it...threw it again..back and forth. After, J got the bright idea that he and I would go to the street and go all the way down and back...taking turns throwing the ball...running to it...throwing it again in a different way each time. I suck with a 20 lb D-ball, so my throws didn't go far, but it was really fun. After I ran at the "trail" and I was much more tired after that workout than I expected. I felt it as soon as I started to run...but I kept going anyway.

I'm so glad that I listened to my body yesterday and rested...I mean really rested. I also went to bed at 10:30, and I can tell a HUGE difference today. Today was good and painful and fun!

WARMUP
------------
15 SQUATS AGAINST POLE TO WORK ON FORM
500 M ROW
STRETCHING

WORKOUT
----------------
"CINDY"
5 PULL UPS
10 PUSH UPS
15 SQUATS

MAX ROUNDS IN 20 MIN

ME=9 ROUNDS + 2 PULL UPS
J= 19 ROUNDS!!! (AND HE'S SICK!)

THAT=47 PULL UPS, 90 PUSH UPS, & 135 SQUATS FOR ME
AND...
THAT= 95 PULL UPS, 190 PUSH UPS, & 285 SQUATS FOR J

CARDIO
--------------
40 MIN RUN (TOWN PARK TRAIL-ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 287 AND BACK)

No comments: