Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 317...tHoSe dArN kEttLeBeLLs...

I needed to get some things done as soon as I was done training my clients today. I wanted to be able to shower and leave, so I decided to go in to the gym at 6AM and workout with those guys so my workout would be done for the day. I felt like crap during the warmup. It's hard to "deal with" the intensity of CrossFit THAT early. As usual, J had a workout ready that I wasn't expecting. It looked like it would be rough doing push jerks with 2 kettlebells instead of a bar, but I had no idea that I would still be feeling it now. I may have felt bad warming up, but I focused and finished ahead of the guys.

The squats were a little painful...the running was not so bad...the figure 8s were easy...the final KB swings and row were tiring...but really it was the push jerks that I struggled with the most. 30 push jerks...30 times those kettlebells knocked against my boney forearms...I KNOW if I would "control" the weight better, it would not be so bad. Now I have these awful bruises to remind me of the "fun" I had this morning. I can't complain. I am just grateful that I'm strong enough to lift them...even if it did hurt.

WARMUP
------------
400 M ROW
10 PULL UPS
10 PUSH UPS
10 GHD SITUPS
2 ROUNDS

WORKOUT
----------------
30 FRONT SQUATS (HOLDING 2-26LB KBS)
RUN 400 M
30 PUSH JERK (WITH 2-26LB KBS)
RUN 400 M
30 FIGURE 8s (26 LB KB-SWITCHED TO 35 LB)
RUN 800 M
THEN:
50 KB SWINGS (35 LBs)
1000 M ROW
(TIME = approx 27 MIN)

NO EXTRA CARDIO

No comments: