Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 304...wOrKoUt bUddiEs aRe gOOd...

"...IN PAIN AND SUFFERING WE MAY DISCOVER THE BRIGHT AND RAGGED DOORS OF PERCEPTION. THE EXHAUSTED MIND CANOT MAINTAIN IT'S PREDJUDICE OR RESIST PURE, HUMAN EXPERIENCE. AND THROUGH THIS WE DRAW CLOSER TO OURSELVES AND OUR FELLOW MAN..." -Mark Twight - "GYM JONES" website

I hate working out alone. I think sometimes during the time I trained with trainers, I was paying for companionship just as much as I was paying for guidance. Makes me sound ridiculously pathetic, huh? I could go on and on about that, but I won't. So, now that I'm flying solo, I love the opportunities that I have to workout with a buddy. Workout buddies are the best! They help you keep going when you wanna stop, they don't charge you, and they are fun to eat lunch with afterwards too!

I went in to the gym today to workout with my friend, A. He works at the gym too, but I knew him a little before since he is my good friend W's brother. A is like a burst of energy. Being with him, is like having a Red Bull without the calories or the crash afterwards. I nearly died when he wrote the workout down and I saw that it included 200 squats! I love squats...but I had done 200 yesterday...no matter..it looked like a fun workout and I was excited to get to work. It was hard. I KNOW that if he had not been there beside me, I would've rested more. I couldn't rest when he was lifting so much heavier than me and he wasn't stopping. I had to push to keep up with him, but it was a great workout and a lot of fun.

After, we were hungry so we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Mariano's, and ate lunch with my mom and sister. It was just what I needed. A laughed at me when we were driving back and I said, "That was great! I needed me some red meat!". It was nice not to be alone and being with A was a bonus. A makes me smile and he makes me feel like I'm okay just the way I am. He is also honest though and knows when to "set me straight".

After we were done, and went our own ways, I went to the park and ran for cardio. It was hard after all those squats, but I felt good when I was done. Now...I'm TIRED...but I'm happy too...and I'm glad that today I had a workout buddy.

WARMUP
-----------
1000 M ROW
10 CROSSOVERS W/ PVC TO LOOSEN UP SHOULDERS
10 OH SQUATS
10 LATERAL SQUATS
10 REVERSE LUNGES
10 HANG SNATCH
10 SCOTS PRESS
(ALL DONE WITH PVC)

WORKOUT
-------------
50 AIR SQUATS
5 BURPEE PULL UPS (WITH PUSH UP-A DID MUSCLE UPS)
5 POWER CLEANS (75 LBS FOR ME-135 FOR A)
4 ROUNDS (TIME 12:57)

CARDIO
-----------
RUN FROM TOWN PARK TO McKNIGHT PARK AND BACK (about 4 MILES)

No comments: