Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 301...oNe LaSt rUn...

The alarm went off at 5:30 A.M....so NOT right on vacation. It's the last day in one of my favorite places. It's always bittersweet. I miss sleeping in my own bed...driving my own car...my extended family and friends...I miss all the parts of my "REAL" life that I love...but it's also hard to leave the beach...the constant sound of the waves...having nothing more important to do than play in the sand, feel the sun on my face, and spend time with my family. We got up early to workout because we had to check out at 10:30 A.M. and still had to get ready and pack a few things. We had planned on doing cardio at the gym but realized they don't open that early, so my husband and I headed for the beach...for one last run.

I never run with my husband because he is a foot taller than me and has a stride that doubles mine. I find it hard to "stay even", but we were fine. It wasn't especially hot, but it was terribly humid. The sweat was flowing and the air was heavy! We decided to do intervals...to run for 3 minutes and walk for 3 minutes...all the way down the beach and back. We had a good time and I even outran him a few times.

Now it's back to packing...breaking up fights between the kids...and traveling on 2 different planes all day to get home. I will SO miss the beach...
WORKOUT
----------------
RUNNING INTERVALS ON THE BEACH (3.5 MILES)

No comments: