Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 308..."Eleanor"...

"STRONG PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KILL THAN WEAK PEOPLE, AND MORE USEFUL IN GENERAL." -Coach Mark Rippetoe

CrossFit has lots of "benchmark" workouts and they all have womens' names as titles. We affectionately refer to them as "the girls". When I do one that I've never done before...I say that I have "met" one of the girls. Today...I met Eleanor, but you won't find her on the CF main page. She's special.

I went up to CrossFit Mansfield to do a group workout. There's a kid that trains there named B. He's leaving for Marine boot camp tomorrow. He made up his own workout for us to do, and it was a killer...especially in the heat...but it was also a lot of fun! He named it "Eleanor". I asked if it was named after his grandma...sounds like a grandma name to me. He said it was named after his favorite car. Either which way, he came up with a great workout. I LOVE to run...and there was MORE than enough running in this one! I wanted to complete it faster, but I'm satisfied with how I did.

It was fun working out with the rest of the "gang" up there. I don't get to do that too often these days. Honestly, I wasn't that excited to get up early...again...but I really enjoyed myself. Today was fast and hard...just the way I like it!

WARMUP
-----------
50 JUMPING JACKS
ARM CIRCLES
HIP ROTATIONS

WORKOUT (CARDIO INCLUDED)
-------------------------------------
"ELEANOR"
5 PULLUPS
400 M RUN
10 PUSHUPS
400 M RUN
15 SQUATS
400 M RUN
20 SIT UPS
400 M RUN
25 PULLUPS
400 M RUN
30 PUSHUPS
400 M RUN
35 SQUATS
400 M RUN
40 SITUPS
400 M RUN

TIME = 26:16

No comments: