Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 312...iT's aLL aBoUt tHe meDiciNe baLL...

I'm sleepy...4 hours of sleep...is NOT enough sleep for me...but that's how much sleep I got. I wanted to create a workout for my clients today that used the medicine ball and I wanted it to be different than anything that we've done before. I was up late planning, but I got up early anyway and got ready for the gym.

The workout turned out to be much harder than I expected. It really worked my first two clients hard! They both push themselves very hard every session, but they really gave me their all today. I had to modify it for my last client because her tailbone is sore and she did not want to do sit ups. When I was all done training, I thought, "I wonder how hard this would be for me?". I decided to try it out with different weights and modify it because I had no one to throw a ball to.

First off, I haven't done medicine ball cleans in a while. Wow...my legs were burning. Then instead of throwing the ball from my knees to another person, doing a pushup, and having them hand the ball back to me...I had to throw it from my knees, do a pushup, and then run to the ball and do it again and again...all over the gym. Lastly, I had no one to toss the ball to when I came up on my situps, so I would hold it over my head, touch the ground, come up raising the ball up and then go back down. It only took me about 16 minutes (NOT counting any rowing I did before or after), but I was sweating profusely.

My sister called to say she is already sore. She may not like me tomorrow if she's already sore now!



Anyways, today was a quick workout but it was also a good one. I hope I still have clients tomorrow when the real soreness sets in. Today turned out pretty good. Now I'm ready for a nap!

WARMUP
-------------
1000M ROW
ARM CIRCLES
HIP ROTATIONS
SAMSON STRETCH

WORKOUT
----------------
21, 15, 9
MEDICINE BALL CLEAN (20 LB DYNAMAX BALL)
MEDICINE BALL THROW FROM KNEES WITH A "MAN PUSHUP" AND BALL CHASE (25 LB D-BALL)
MEDICINE BALL SIT UPS (20 LB D-BALL)
THEN:
ANOTHER 1000 M ROW





TODAY'S SOUNDTRACK...
a compilation of The Strokes

No comments: