Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 307...tHe bAsiCs...

I love unconventional...long...really hard workouts. The kind that make people think..."WHAT is she DOING?!?". I've talked before about some of the looks I get at gyms I've gone to in the past...these days that's not an issue because I go to a gym where everyone works out like I do. My endurance is pretty darn good, but I feel my strength is lacking a bit...as well as the definition of my muscles. I'm not complaining...just looking to improve and refine what I got. No one's perfect...we can all ALWAYS find SOMETHING to make better...right?

I decided to do a few more traditional exercise days than I have been doing lately. It was weird not to be racing the stopwatch or gasping for breath. In fact, my makeup stayed on and my hair stayed down...and looked fine when I was done. I think that maybe I've felt like I'm "above" doing bicep curls, but I believe everything has it's place. Sometimes, I get so involved in looking for more and better and I neglect the basics. Today I focused on the basics. My arms and shoulders were tired when I was done, but I feel good about what I did today.

WARMUP
------------
JUMPING JACKS
10 OVERHEAD SQUATS W/ PVC PIPE
10 PUSHUPS
10 HIP ROTATION
10 BIG ARM CIRCLES (FORWARD & BACK)
INCHWORM ACROSS GYM AND BACK

WORKOUT
--------------
12 OVERHEAD SQUATS (45 LB BAR)
12 STIFF LEGGED DEAD LIFTS (95 LBS)
12 OVERHEAD LUNGES EA LEG (24 TOTAL)
3 ROUNDS

THEN:
12 SINGLE ARM DB ROWS (BENT ON BENCH W/ 30 LB DB-24 TOTAL)
1 MIN SCISSOR KICKS (1ST ROUND)-FLUTTER KICKS (2ND ROUND)-FROGGIES (3RD ROUND)
12 LAT PULLS W/BAND (KNEELING WITH WIDE PULL)
3 ROUNDS

THEN:
12 LATERAL/FRONT RAISES (8 LB DBs)
12 HAMMER CURLS (25 LB DBs)
12 SKULL CRUSHERS (35 LB BAR)
3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
-----------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: