Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 310...gEttiNg fiLthY...

" A FIGHT IS WON OR LOST LONG BEFORE YOU GET UNDER THEM LIGHTS." - Mohammed Ali

I've always wanted to do the workout called "FILTHY FIFTY". Today I got my chance. I went up to the gym to help with the 6AM class. They were doing a scaled version...one that I personally would call the "TERRIBLE TWENTY FIVE"...I know...cheesy. Anyways, I was getting really excited to do this myself once they were done. My 7AM client, my sis, had to cancel, so I figured I'd get MY workout and then cardio done before my 9:30 client came in.

It was hard to do this alone. I struggled but stayed pretty strong throughout. I was satisfied with my time...but I was so worn out. I was shaking and hungry. I had no food so I stayed still and let myself "recover" for about 30 minutes. Then, once I was feeling normal...I headed to the park for a run. I didn't realize how hard it would be after all that, but I managed to finish my 4 miles...it was VERY slow...but I kept running. I was soaking wet and I had 15 minutes until my "9:30" came in. I tried to straighten my hair and spruce up as best I could before training her.

Once I got home a couple of hours later...I had a splitting headache. It's gotten better but never really left. I'm also pretty sleepy, but that may have more to do with the fact that my alarm clock went off at 4:45 AM this morning. So, all whining aside about the after effects...I have to say that I LOVED doing the "FILTHY FIFTY"! I felt a great sense of acomplishment. Another good day...

WARMUP
-------------
800 M RUN OUTSIDE
DYNAMIC STRETCHING

WORKOUT
----------------
"FILTHY FIFTY"
FOR TIME:
50 BOX JUMP (24 IN BOX)
50 JUMPING PULL UPS
50 KB SWINGS (36 LBS-1 POOD)
50 STEPS WALKING LUNGE
50 KNEES TO ELBOWS
50 PUSH PRESS (45 LBS)
50 BACK EXTENSIONS
50 WALL BALL SHOTS (16 LB BALL)
50 BURPEES
50 DOUBLE UNDERS (subbed TUCK JUMPS)
(TIME = 37:27)

CARDIO
------------
4.5 MILE RUN

No comments: