Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 298...aNotHeR dAy...

I had the greatest morning ever with my little boy at the beach. I won't go into the details because I already wrote about it on my other blog...but it was great and I am happy. We went back to the lame gym here called "Breakthrough". I'm doing more "traditional" workouts this week. I wanted to mix it up a bit and see what I thought. I NEVER like to do one day of arms...one day of legs...etc etc. I like to do full body, because I'm a super set kinda gal and I find that resting my upper body while I work on my lower body gives me the ability to do more...not necessarily the best or right way...just my preference.

A muscle head trainer with really blonde highlights struck up a conversation with me while me and my husband were working out. He was showing me all kind of "cool" alternatives to exercises...that I already know...I was polite and acted interested...and dumb...so he would go be "cool" and "smart" somewhere else. He knew right where I was the entire time...ugh... I felt bad for the guy that was actually paying for his time and WANTED his opinions. He had to wait while his trainer chatted me up and did "impressive" demonstrations. Too funny!

The pullups were really hard because their pullup bar was really rough and hurt my hands...still I won't use the assisted pullup machine...it feels like cheating...like a demotion. So anyways..today was a "shoulders/arms/back" kinda day. It was okay...not the best...not bad. It was just another day at another gym. Now...back to the beach!

~"SHOULDERS/ARMS/BACK"~

WARMUP
-----------
5 MIN ELLIPTICAL

WORKOUT
--------------
15 SHOULDER PRESS (50 LBS)
15 PULL UPS (KIPPING)
15 LAT PULL DOWNS (70 LBS)
15 CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS (50 LBS-too light-should've bumped up 10 lbs)
15 LATERAL RAISE (5 LB DBs)
15 FRONT RAISE (5 LB DBs)
15 CABLE BICEP CURLS (15 LBS)
3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
----------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: