Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 381...wHaT a giRL!...

I am in NO WAY masculine...but I also try really hard NOT to be a "girl". I want to be strong and capable. Underneath the bar today...I felt like a weak little girl. Don't get me wrong...I'm NOT depressed or upset with the workout I did...I just was surprised that the amount of weight I was lifting...felt...HEAVY...and it really isn't...hmmmm...and I was SO hoping to grow up to be Wonder Woman someday!

My back and knees were feeling a little achy from yesterday when ONCE AGAIN...I forgot that I'm a girl...so I figured today was a PERFECT day to work on my upper body and do some good hard cardio. I got to the gym and my friend, W called. I was so glad to hear from him. This weekend is his wedding and I'm so nervous and excited to go. It was funny because his phone service SUCKS there so we would talk and it would drop...talk...drop...talk...drop. Finally we gave up, and I got to work. I've been struggling with Bench Presses...I never seem to improve or get stronger. Part of my problem is I'm alone so I feel like I can't load quite as much weight on the bar for fear of SQUISHING myself. I did okay though.

After I got done at the gym, I went to the trail to do intervals...3 minutes running...3 minutes walking...for 4.5 miles. I LOVE the trail this time of year. It's so amazing to run along in perfect temperature with leaves falling softly like snow. It doesn't get much better for me. I LOVE autumn...maybe because I'm an "autumn baby"...don't know. I tried to run as fast as I could when it was time to run...at a pace that I knew I couldn't keep longer than the allotted time. Then when it was time to walk...I tried to recover...arms down by my side...deep breaths...at a slow pace. I haven't done intervals in a while and I forgot how much I like doing that.

So, I wasn't very strong today, and my knees and back made me feel older than I am...but all in all...I can't complain. I did the best I could, I talked to my friend, and I had a great time on the trail.

WARMUP

WORKOUT
-----------
BENCH PRESS
45 X 15
65 X 5
75 X 5
85 X 5
5-5-5-5-5 (85 LBS)

THEN:
MAX REPS RING PUSH UPS (UNBROKEN)
10 + 10 = 20 TOTAL

THEN:
12 SHOULDER PRESS (45 LBS)
12 FRONT/LATERAL SHOULDER RAISES (5 LB DBs)
3 SUPERSETS

THEN:
12 CONCENTRATION CURLS (EA ARM 15LB DB)
12 OH TRICEP PRESS (25 LB)
3 SUPERSETS

CARDIO
--------
4.5 MILE RUN/WALK (3 MIN INTERVALS)

No comments: