Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 355...cAn yOu sAy BORING?!?...

From about 4:30 AM on...I kept waking up. Once I had to pee (I know...TMI)...once I was having a dream that startled me...once the sprinkler came on and was hitting the window...I could go on..but I won't...you get the idea. Needless to say, I feel a bit sleepy today. I got the kids off and did something I NEVER do...fixed breakfast and sat indian style in my recliner and watched part of "Live With Regis and Kelly". Then, I snapped out of it and realized I better figure out what I'm doing and go to the gym. I had a feeling I was on my own...so I had a plan. A called while I was getting ready to go and confirmed it. He's got some crap goin on in his life that definitely takes precedent over working out with me...or even working out at all.

I got to the gym and set up. A lady came in that I talked to on the phone yesterday about training with me. She saw a van and figured it must be me and came to meet me and say "hi". Oh dear...is this where I've landed?...people see a VAN and figure it belongs to ME!?! I'm just kidding...I mean who else at the gym is gonna drive a van...makes sense...I AM "the Mom". She was nice and we chatted briefly, then I got to work.

I felt a little weak today...not bad...just NOT strong. It happens. I struggled with dead hang chin ups (even with a small band) but I did em. The only thing I almost didn't think I could do was shoulder presses. I slept wrong on my right arm the other night and my shoulder has bothered me since. It feels like a pinched nerve. I was gonna use 55 lbs but it was VERY painful. I could do it, but it felt like a recipe for disaster...and I'm just NOT in the mood for a disaster today. I went down to the 45lb bar. It hurt, but I did it.

I went through the workout and I worked hard. Nothing bad happened...and I'm not sad...but I have to say...it was BORING working out alone! REALLY BORING! I'm not complaining...just stating the facts. That's all for now...

WARM UP
-----------
15 OF EACH
-JUMPING JACKS
-SEAL JACKS
-CROSSOVERS
-PASSOVERS WITH THE SMALL BAND (PEC STRETCH)
-ARM CIRCLES

9 PLYO (CLAPPING) PUSHUPS-3 SETS OF 3

SAMSON STRETCH

WORK OUT
-------------
BENCH PRESS
3 SETS MAX REPS
21+19+20= 60

THEN:
12 CHIN UPS (BLUE BAND)
12 BAND PULLS
3 SETS

THEN:
8 SHOULDER PRESS (45 LB BAR)
3 SETS

THEN:
15 HAMMER CURLS (15 LB DBs)
15 RING DIPS (BAND ASSISTED)
3 SETS

THEN:
ABS
15 SPRINTER SIT UPS
15 SWISS BALL V-UPS
15 BUTTERFLY SIT UPS (ABMAT)
3 SETS

CARDIO
------------
TO BE DETERMINED.....

No comments: