Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 371...pArT 2...i'M aDDicTeD!...(rEaD pArT 1 beLoW 1sT tHeN pArT 2)

I went to the gym...not feeling well...not wanting to workout...knowing I needed to do SOMETHING! J suggested that I "Relax and rest"...I knew I couldn't. So when he threw out the idea of doing a CF workout called "Kelly"...I figured what the heck! Then I saw the times on the window. Crap! 45 MINUTES!!! This will be bad. But I decided to try and quit if it was too much for me in my current state.

From minute 1, I felt good. I felt like I was in my element...running...box jumps...squatting with a medicine ball. I was fluid and well paced. I paced myself to run each 400M in 2 minutes...not fast but a good pace that I could maintain 5 times. The first 3 rounds I did all 30 box jumps pretty much unbroken. I would slow down towards the end but never really rested. The 4th and 5th rounds I did sets of 10 with 10 seconds rest in between. The wall ball was the most challenging part, but I still felt strong. When I got done and saw 33:51, I was thrilled! I worked so hard to do good reps and not cheat. In fact, I was so surprised that I called home to have my husband check times online.

I felt amazing when I was done! Laying on the sidewalk, holding that stopwatch...I realized that sometimes you just have to do things when you don't want to. I was tired and feeling down, but when I threw myself into the workout and gave it my best...everything changed. The endorphins were flowing! I feel like I had a nap...not like I just did a hard workout. I'm addicted!

WORKOUT
-----------
"KELLY"
400 M RUN
30 BOX JUMPS (24 IN BOX)
30 WALL BALLS (16 LB MED BALL)
5 ROUNDS FOR TIME
TIME=33:51

1 comment:

Shorty said...

Way to go, M! I'm glad that the workout gave you such a boost! Keep up the excellent work with CF! I love reading about your enduring progress. Thanks for always being inspirational!
Have a great Sunday,
K