Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 369...fiGhT LiKe a wArriOr...

Working out can be really fun...but it can also be really hard. Somedays it's a struggle. For the last several years, I have never struggled with the desire to workout. I did it because I wanted to. Lately...I'm struggling. I workout JUST to stay in my size 4 jeans. I miss working with W like crazy. He had the ability to take me to a level that I can't seem to get to on my own. I've mentioned it before, but I still hear his voice in my head when I'm working out some days. It sounds crazy, but I would give anything some days to feel like I wanna die and hear him yell, "DON'T YOU STOP!" I need to find my drive again...my fight...the warrior that I use to be.

I was reminded of what I want to be today. I taught a foundations class. After I taught basic movements, I asked R if he wanted to do a workout. He did. He's young and had good form so I wanted to see what kinda "fire" he had in his belly. It was really hard for him, but he fought hard. He listened...he let me lead him...coach him. He was pushed to the limit and he rose to the challenge. It was exciting to see someone be so excited.I came back to the gym later this afternoon to workout myself, but I didn't WANT to. I did some heavy back squats. I felt like I had terrible form and I wasn't enjoying squats like I normally do. Then I did step ups...not my fave. Once I was done with my lower body workout, I decided to forgo plain old cardio and do the workout that I put R through. Ugh! The push presses were miserable, but I finished pretty fast and then practically crawled to my car.

I know...not very warrior like! I'll keep trying.

WARMUP
-----------
5 MIN JUMPROPE

WORKOUT
-------------
BACK SQUAT
45 X 12

55 X 10
65 X 5
75 X 5
85 X 3
95 X 3
105 X 3
115 X 3
120 X 3
125 X 3

THEN:
10 STEP UPS WITH BARBELL ON BACK (EA LEG-18 IN BOX)
15 HAMSTRING CURLS ON SWISS BALL
3 SUPERSETS


THEN:
WOD
20 SQUATS
20 PUSH PRESS (45LB)
20 KB SWINGS (35 LBS)
5 ROUNDS FOR TIME
TIME=(12:58)

No comments: