Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 364...pErfEcT iN mY iMpErFeCtiOnS...

I am such a perfectionist...and I'm so far from perfect. I tend to compare myself to everyone around me...other mom's...other women at the beach...friends...anyone that possesses qualities that I wish I had. In fact, once I had a dream that I was trying to compete in a MEN'S bodybuilding competition and I was mad that they wouldn't let me in. When I told my dream to my husband, he laughed and said "I think that's just another manifestation of your desire to compete with "the guys" in the gym." Ha!...probably true...

I've come to realize that what makes me lovable is not being perfect. What makes me lovable is the fact that I am perfect in my imperfections. It was hilarious yesterday after our workout when a guy on my "team", Z, told me that when he went to drag the fire hose after me, he nearly hit the ground because when I reeled it in, I unknowingly wrapped the hose around a pole. I couldn't help but laugh because that was SO ME...so perfectly imperfect.

SUNDAY = REST DAY

No comments: