Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 351...tiMe tO gEt tHe weiGhTs bAcK oUt...

Okay so FIRST order of business...NO! I DO NOT "TRAIN" IN LINGERIE NOR DO I ENDORSE TRAINING HALF NAKED!!!!! It's just that I love this illustration, because it's a hot, sexy, mature woman...trying to be strong...like I wanna be "when I grow up". Today, I was back to strength "training". A reminded me that we DO NOT "workout"...we "train".

So, today was upper body training with A. Things are better with us. He called Sunday afternoon and we talked about things that are bothering him briefly. I HATE when my friends are having a hard time. I just want to make everything better...unfortunately I can't control the universe...so I just have to try and "be a friend". We had a good time...A said we were "flowing well...talking...but not too much...workin but still having fun". We bench pressed...did bent barbell rows (they felt SO HEAVY today)...and I attempted some other "arm work", but I wasn't too successful. It was good. My arms were hurting when I left...good stuff. I wanted to do a CrossFit workout or at least get on the elliptical, but with the kids out of school and "family time" and a small flood this evening (our daughter left running water upstairs while we were gone...for SIX hours...and we came home to water running out of the vent in the dining room downstairs)...I just never got around to any sort of cardio. I started to go upstairs and get on my elliptical..but it's late...and I'm watching one of my favorite movies of all time "She's Havin A Baby"...and I can't tear away. I know...NO ONE else in the world likes that movie...I LOVE it.

At this point...I'll wash my face and snuggle down for the night. I need to get more rest...what's done is done...and tomorrow is a new day to work hard.

DYNAMIC WARM UP
------------------------

WORKOUT-UPPER BODY STRENGTH
----------------------------------------------
BENCH PRESS
45LBS X 15
65 LBS X 10
75 LBS X 5
85 LBS X 5
THEN:
5-5-5-5-5 (85 LBS)

THEN:
8 BENT BAR BELL ROWS (95 LBS)
8 BACK RAISES (10 LB DBs)
3 SUPER SETS

THEN:
8 BICEP CURLS (1ST SET 20 LB DBs / 2ND-3RD SETS 15 LB DBs)
8 SKULL CRUSHERS (SAME WEIGHT)
3 SUPER SETS

CHECK OUT THIS HILARIOUS VIDEO...I CRACKED UP WHEN THE MANIAC LADY COMES OUT TO SMACK THE GUY'S FACE PRIOR TO HIS BENCH PRESS...GOTTA LOVE CRAZY YOUTUBE VIDS! Ha! Ha!

No comments: