Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 358...i dOn'T LiKe mOnDaYs SO mUcH...

I always hear my kids or my husband talk about "Mondays"...but being home and on my own schedule...and having a wonderful nanny/assistant to help me shovel out the weekend "debris" each week. I don't notice Mondays so much. Today I did. I woke up to the cat trying to kill a toy mouse while jumping and slamming into the bathroom door. I jumped up to make sure all the kiddos were up and doing what they should be doing...whew!...they were. I stumbled downstairs...feeling SO not ready for a new week. I opened the bread box to make sandwiches for lunches...CRAP!...NO BREAD! My kids decided to make "butter bread sandwiches" while I was napping yesterday and ate HALF A LOAF OF BREAD!!! Holy cow! My son took a Lunchable...Syd politely refused. I told those two to grab their bags before they missed the bus...AND...I heard the bus roll by. Okay...plan B...load up in the car and I'll take Syd's lunch to the school...later...somehow. Then I got my oldest daughter off to school and came home to get dressed so I could get to the gym to train L on time. I didn't have much time, but strangely I ambled around in PJs like I did. Finally A called to chat...briefly...and once we hung up I threw clothes on...no makeup or cuteness today! I got to the gym at 5 til my next appointment...figured it wouldn't be a problem...my client is usually late or right on time (one of the many traits she and I have in common). NOPE! Not today! She was already there.

I trained her...we chatted...and I worked out myself. I really struggled on the last couple of sets of bench presses. I was alone...no one to "spot" (seems laughable when pressing only 85 lbs). I BARELY made the very last rep I did. I thought I was gonna drop it on myself, but one loud yell and I made it! WHEW! I may go back to the gym later for cardio...I don't know...or I may go to Utopia. I'm gonna rejoin that nasty hole. I need human interaction...even if it's a "Hi. How are you?" or an "Excuse me miss...could you lay this plate on my lap while I do dips?(wink wink)". I'll take anything...superficial...sleazy...or somewhere in between...to NOT be in silence for hours of working out...EVERY day. I'm not complaining...I'm problem solving out loud.

I took my sweet girl lunch and that turned my Monday around. I planned on dumping it off and leaving...but something told me to stay and I'm glad I did. Now, off for lunch and a pedicure and soon the world will be right again!..at least for that hour while I'm getting my feet rubbed! Ha!

WARMUP
------------

WORKOUT
--------------
BENCH PRESS
45 LBS X 15
65 LBS X 10
75 LBS X 5
80 LBS X 5
85 LBS 5-5-5-5-5

THEN:
MAX REPS RING PUSH UPS
11 + 10 = 21

THEN:
15 DUMB BELL ROWS (SINGLE ARM-BENCH-30 LB DB)
15 FACE PULLS WITH BLUE BAND
3 SETS

THEN:
15 FRONT RAISE (5 LB DBs)
15 LATERAL RAISE (5 LB DBs)
3 SETS

CARDIO
----------
WE'LL SEE....

1 comment:

Shorty said...

Have you considered Lifetime Fitness? They are supposed to open October 1st. I know what you mean about needing human interaction! Even being able to get a smile from someone can seem like enough interaction sometimes. I was just day dreaming yesterday about going to some exercise classes and being able to chat with other patrons after a class is over. I'd skip the sleaze at the other place...I know who you're referring to. A little of that guy goes a long, long way!
Have a great day!
K