Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 354...sLoW dOwN aNd rEsT...

I woke up and was immediately aware of one thing...I have a butt...and it's sore...REALLY sore! I worked my legs harder than I thought I did yesterday and I felt tight.

Once I got the kids off to school, I decided to tan and go to the trail I run on. I had no intention of running. I knew that I should rest, so I decided to compromise. I decided to try and loosen things up with a walk...not my normal turbo speed...but a slow steady speed. It was really strange to walk the trail at a normal, casual walking pace but I actually enjoyed it. The temperature was perfect (70s) and the trail was shaded by the trees. I put on some mellow tunes and tried to just enjoy my walk and clear my head.

Sometimes, I really miss W when I run on that trail. I guess because it was OUR running trail...the place we both used to talk about our worries...or problems...the place that we laughed and told stories. Today I wasn't sad...but I DID think about him and miss him...just a little ;)...

I felt better after an hour on that trail. My mind seemed clearer and my muscles felt looser. I'm glad that I took the opportunity to slow down and rest (sorta).

WALK 4.5 MILES (DOWN TRAIL AND BACK)

No comments: