Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 361...uP Up uP!...

I'm sore...my shoulders...arms...abs...legs...most everything is a little tender. I was SLOW getting to the gym this morning. It was after 11:30. The gym was so hot. I looked at the thermostat...82! I cranked up the fan and warmed up to do lower body work. I got about halfway through back squats when the AC repairman came in. Halleluiah! He had a funny look on his face when he walked in. I was in the bottom of a 95lb back squat with 80's rock blasting...in fact, I think "Lick It Up" was playing! Ha! He musta done his thing because once when I was lying under the fan to recover before another set of squats...I started to feel some cool air. The last set was hard. I was feeling tired and it would've been easy to just stop. I piled on enough weight to make the bar weigh 125lbs. I did 1...whoa...kinda hard but doable...2...ugh...my knees were trying to bow in...I fought to keep them out...3...uhhh...stuck...I coached myself through..."up up up!!!" I thought...and I made it! Whew! Then I did a drop set. I wanted to do 10 with 95 lbs, but by 8 my form had gone to sh** so I stopped.

I finished the squats and decided to do glute ham raises on the GHD. I'm not strong enough to do more than one set without a partner to "push off" of. Hmmm...alone again...what to do?...thinking...GOT IT! I moved the 28 in box in front of the GHD and put a 45lb bumper plate on top. I would lower myself all the way down and give myself a push to get back up. It worked really well. I guess we'll see tomorrow...if my hams are not sore then I'll scratch that idea. The step ups were not bad today so I added 50 bridges (I'm trying to build that booty!) with a 1 count SQUEEEEZE at the top in between each set of step ups.

So, that's all...nothing exciting to report...no funny stories to tell...that's how it is when you're workin out alone. I did really enjoy my tunes...and truth be told...I think the AC guy did too!

WARMUP
-----------
10 EACH
JUMPING JACKS
PRISONER SQUATS
LEG KICKS
BRIDGES
MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
GROINERS
HIP ROTATION
30 SEC SAMSON STRETCH (EA LEG)

WORKOUT
--------------
BACK SQUAT
45 X 15
65 X 10
75 X 5
85 X 3
95 X 3
105 X 3
115 X 3
125 X 3

DROP SET
95 X 8

THEN:
10 GLUTE HAM RAISES ON GHD
3 SETS

THEN:
10 BARBELL STEP UPS (EACH LEG-65 LBS)
50 BRIDGES
3 SUPERSETS

CARDIO
----------
4.5 MILES RUN - 32:27

No comments: