Thursday, March 26, 2009

DAY 552...sOmEtiMeS iT hUrTs...

Working out hard hurts. No one likes to hurt, but some people are willing to withstand some pain or discomfort to push themselves to excel.

I was covering the 8:30 AM class. J did not specify what he wanted them to do, so I decided to use a workout that I programmed about a month ago. It was a cold rainy day back then and NO ONE ever came in to the classes that day so no one got a chance to experience it but me and it was tough. I just remember being so incredibly out of breath. Only a couple of people came...then my husband showed up, and I decided to workout with them as well. I felt good...strong. I beat my previous time by two minutes and I beat everyone there by several minutes as well.

My husband later told me that it seemed "easy" for me. I said, "Are you kidding me?!?" I was miserable...in real pain...out of breath...wanting to stop. He said, "Well you sure make it look easy." I guess I am just willing to take a little "hurt" to make myself better...stronger.

WORKOUT
--------------
15 BALL TOSS (16 LBS-THROW MED BALL IN AIR...CATCH IT AND GO DOWN INTO A SQUAT...STAND AND REPEAT
15 "8 COUNT BODYBUILDERS"
15 KB SWINGS (35 LBS)
15 PULLUPS
5 ROUNDS (26:59)

No comments: