Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 534...tRyiNg nOt tO gEt sWaLLoWeD...

Sometimes...it's hard for me to not to feel like I'm getting eaten alive by my workout.  Other times...I feel in control...and still other times I have to fight to not get swallowed up in the pain or the exhaustion of it.  Today was a fight for sure.

J asked me to program the workout for today last night.  It was fairly late and I wanted to get to bed, so I hurried and put on together and then ran my idea past my husband.  He said, "That sounds awful."  I was thinking..."Oh it shouldn't be too bad."

I got to work and only one person from the 6AM crew showed up...M.  M NEVER misses.  M has a broken arm...one that he broke when he misses a lift at the gym and wasn't able to "dump the weight" properly...still, he has never missed a day.  I made the comment to him, "Well looks like you're it!  Too bad I don't have on tennis shoes...I'd do it with you!"  He quickly said, "Do it barefoot."  Well that took THAT excuse away...so I quickly warmed up and we started the stopwatch.

Early on...I felt like I was struggling to keep control.  I was SO out of breath...more than usual.  Doing KB swings and then Pullups after was horrible.  I literally could NOT speak in between.  It took everything in me to be able to catch my breath enough to jump up and grab the bar.  I don't know that I always felt in control.  I was SURE that I would throw up at one point...but I kept going.  I figured if I could just stay ONE STEP ahead...I would be okay...and I was.  

When we were done...I was shaky...my head was splitting...and my stomach was really sick.  It was a tough one.  In fact I came home..took 2 kids to school and took a 30 minute nap before taking my daughter to middle school.  I was totally worn out.  It was tough not to let that workout get the best of me, but I fought...and in the end, I feel like I conquered.  Now..I'm off to run!

WARMUP
------------
500 M ROW
25 MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
10 PASSOVERS W PVC
15 OH SQUATS W PVC

WORKOUT
-------------
15 WALL BALLS (16 LB DYNAMAX)
15 "8 COUNT BODYBUILDERS"
15 KB SWINGS (35 LBS)
15 PULL UPS 
5 ROUNDS FOR TIME (28:39)

CARDIO
-----------
3 MILE "BRITTON RUN"

*If you're wondering what a "8 count bodybuilder" is...here's a demo...you can skip the "TA DA!" move at the end. :D

No comments: