Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 551...a sEcReT wOrLd...

A few weeks ago a woman came in to the gym to work with J.  Apparently at some point, he started telling her about me.  She proceeded to say that she knows all the fit Moms in our town and that she's never heard of me.  Ummmm...what?!?!  J told me about it and was a little confused.  He jokingly said, "I don't know if there's some secret underground world of fit Moms around here or what!"  I proceeded to tell him that there is not an "underground club" and that she was just being a "hater".

Yesterday, he says..."K is comin in tomorrow at 10 to finish her classes."  I said, "Who's K?"  Turns out it was this lady that supposedly knows every fit Mom.  I said, "Okay, well I won't come up because I don't wanna be in y'all's way.".  He said, "No...it's okay.  You can workout if you want...You can come up and show off!"  I said, "Ok."

I went up and J introduced us.  She was a bit cool, but polite.  I wasn't sure what workout to do.  I didn't want to do what the classes were doing because I did not want to do Thrusters...I decided to do the workout that he had done the day before.  It was Squat Cleans and Rowing...not my favorite things but you can't only do what you like...so I set up the bar and got started.

Now I'm gonna sound like a real jerk here, but I can't tell you how bad I wanted to workout alongside the "Queen of Fit Moms".  I wanted to "school" her in what it really means to be a "Fit Mom".  I don't wanna hurt anybody, but seriously where does she get off thinking that because SHE doesn't know me...I must NOT be fit???  That's Grade A B***S***!

She ended up doing very little working out (at a snail's pace I might add) and a whole lot of whining.  I ended up doing a lot of work in a short period of time and a whole lot of grunting and groaning.  I don't have any anger towards this lady.  I recognize that she is not really mean...she's just doesn't understand...lots of people don't.  I'm just glad that I do.

WORKOUT
--------------
5  SQUAT CLEANS (95 LBS)
250 M ROW
5 ROUNDS

No comments: