Thursday, March 19, 2009

DAY 544...bReAkiNg dOwN...

I was set on doing a long, hard workout today.  My husband has taken a few days off, so I invited him to come to the gym with me.  I had chosen a workout off the Navy SEALS site.  It was called "100 x 6 = pain"...this should've been a warning to me.

It was 100 reps of 6 exercises.  I scaled it to 50 reps for my husband since he does not do this kind of workout on a regular basis.  We got started and by the 2nd exercise...I knew I was in trouble.  See...here's the thing...I don't "quit" workouts.  The mental repercussions are not worth it.  Today was no different.  I refused to quit.  Near the end, I realized that the timer I had set was not working.  That was the beginning of a downward spiral.  I was so pissed.  Here I am...struggling...going as fast as I can....and now I don't even know how much time it will take me.  I threw a bit of a fit...threw the stopwatch and broke it...and then went back to working out.  

I was exhausted in the truest sense of the word.  I was beginning to internally question my ability to finish.  I was so broken down that I burst into tears.  I let myself fall apart for a couple of minutes and then picked the bar back up and began doing Thrusters with tears running down my cheeks.   I know...sounds psycho.  Within a couple of minutes, I sucked it up and stopped crying.  I did eventually finish, but it was hard and it hurt.  When I completed my last rep, I fell to the floor and writhed in pain for a few minutes.  It was not fun today, but I reminded myself that even when it seems hopeless...impossible...that I CAN finish.

WARMUP
-------------
DYNAMIC STRETCHES AND DRILLS IN PKG LOT
"BURGENER WARMUP"

WORKOUT
-------------
100 WALL BALL (16 LB DYNAMAX)
100 PUSHUPS
100 BOX JUMPS (20 IN)
100 THRUSTERS (45 LBS)
100 SITUPS
100 KB SWINGS (35 LBS)
TIME= APPROX 51 MIN

No comments: