Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 531...bLuRRy viSiOn...

I had the strangest experience today. I went to the gym to cover the 6AM class...then it was back home to get kids off to school...and then back to the elementary school at 9AM for the 4th grade Awards ceremony. Everything seemed "normal"...I was seeing just fine. Shortly after leaving the awards ceremony, I started to notice that my vision was a little blurry. It wasn't so bad I couldn't see at all...just kinda like when you put ointment in your eyes and everything is "fuzzy". I assumed it would go away..."work itself out"...it didn't...it got worse. By the time I went to meet my sis for lunch, I was having a hard time seeing. I mean I could see, but it was frustrating and I was having to REALLY pay attention.

I got to the gym around 4:45 to workout. J was there and I was tellin him about it. He asked a few paramedic type questions...then jokingly said, "You probably have a brain tumor!" I laughed but I didn't think it was funny as that exact thought had crossed my mind. I decided to just wait until 5:30 and workout with the evening class, but I wasn't feeling good. I was slightly nauseous, but I figured it was "nerves" about the workout because I knew it would be hard. I was right about the "hard" part.

It was tough from the get go, but I KNEW I could finish. I didn't think about my eyes or my sick stomach...I just ran...and deadlifted...and lunged. I finished strong with the fastest time of the day. I didn't think I could beat D's time from 6AM. He's young and strong and I watched him go pretty much non stop, so I was really happy. When I collapsed on the floor...trying to recover..I noticed something. My vision was back to normal. How weird is that?!? I guess I needed a swift kick in the butt to straighten out my vision!

WARMUP
-------------
ROW 500 M
DYNAMIC STRETCHING

WORKOUT
--------------
800 M RUN
15 SINGLE LEG DEAD LIFTS WITH A 35 LB KETTLE BELL (EA SIDE-30 TOTAL)
50 LEG LIFTS (FROM FLOOR)
50 WALKING LUNGE STEPS
3 ROUNDS FOR TIME (29:16)

Here's a video demonstration of a single leg KB dead lift.  They are harder than they look and they will make your booty BURN!

No comments: