Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 441..."eMbRaCe tHe sUcK"...

Today I did a workout off the Navy Seal Crossfit site. It was VERY appropriately named "EMBRACE THE SUCK" and it was a beating! Firstly, I've never liked workouts that are "AMRAP" (as many rounds as possible) in 20 minutes. They force you to go all out...no rest...fighting the timer all the way. I tend to be left laid out on the floor when I'm done with these...the kind of laid out where you kinda roll side to side while on your back...in pain..out of breath...NOT fun.

Today was no exception. THE RXed weight was 95 lbs for men. I used 65 lbs which is the usual weight for women when 95 is used for men. I didn't get many rounds and I fought for the few I got. I often refer to myself as the "Monica Seles of Crossfit" because I yell and grunt when I'm especially tired or working especially hard. I literally had to scream to get the barbell up at times. It was really hard...that's for sure! As always...after a particularly difficult WOD...I DID feel a sense of accomplishment and control once I had recovered today. I DEFINITELY "embraced the suck"...and suck IT DID!!!

"EMBRACE THE SUCK"

AMRAP IN 20 MINUTES
5 THRUSTERS (65 LBS)
7 HANG POWER CLEANS (65 LBS)
10 SUMO DEADLIFT HIGH PULLS (65 LBS)

7 ROUNDS

CARDIO (later on)
--------------------
40 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: