Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 432...mY nEw peRsoNaL bEsT...

I've said it before..."I LOVE DEADLIFTS"! I love plain old deadlifts...and I love Romanian deadlifts...I just LOVE deadlifts in general. Lots of times when I went up to the gym with A...we did 1 Rep Max deadlifts. I made it up to 225 lbs the last two times he and I were up there...but never went further. My eventual goal is 2X my bodyweight...260ish...so while I was glad to get to 225 lbs...I still wanted MORE! Yesterday, I did 1 Rep Max "deads" with my "girls" I train. It is so fun to see people lift more weight than they thought they could! It's so satisfying to see their faces light up and their confidence grow. So, I decided that because I was a little tired from working out last night...I would go in and do my 1 Rep Max on deadlift instead of a big long workout.I went in and set up. I had decided BEFORE I got there that I would lift AT LEAST 5 lbs more than my previous attempts. I worked my way up and it was getting hard by the time I got to 215 lbs, but I kept moving forward. When I lifted 235 lbs...10 lbs more than my previous "best" I was SO happy! I was like, "Oh yeah! I did what I came here to do! WOO HOO!" And then I thought..."Why stop?", so I kept going...put another 10 lbs on the bar...and rested for about 5 minutes before attempting to lift it up. I tried to visualize myself lifting the weight. I also tried to remember every tip I've ever been given. When it came time, I got in the right position...planted my feet firmly on the ground...took a deep breath and held it tight in my belly...and pulled like I've never pulled before! It didn't come up off the floor immediately, but within a second or two...it began to move. I pushed my feet against the floor and just kept trying to stand up straight. It was slow and it WASN'T pretty, but I DID IT!!!!! I was SO happy. I laid in the floor and texted a few people. No one responded, but I didn't care. I got 20 LBS MORE today! YES!

WORKOUT
--------------
1 REP MAX DEADLIFT
95 LBS X 10 (warmup)
135 LBS x 1
155 LBS x 1
175 LBS x 1
195 LBS x 1
215 LBS x 1
235 LBS x 1
245 LBS x 1

after recovering...I just "played"
TIRE DRAG ACROSS PARKING LOT (100 LBS including tire)
TIRE PULL BACK ACROSS
20 PUSH PRESS (45 LB)
3 ROUNDS

NO CARDIO... other than vacuuming and mopping the gym and then wiping everything down

No comments: