Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 429...bRoKeN...

I just had a MARATHON workout. I don't know what's going on. I'm not sure if it's guilt over eating cake and ice cream for my Mom's birthday last night...or if I got super inspired by yesterday's video...but I just went and went and went...and the weirdest part is that I don't feel very well today, so I was kinda weak the whole time. I kept wanting to stop, but I didn't. I just kept going because I knew if I stopped...I'd never start again. So after 2 HOURS of working out...NO that's not a typo...after 2 HOURS of working out, I'm tired. My back is sore. My hands are still hurting from doing 105 pullups...AND I'm now sporting a cute little blood blister on one hand. But you know what??? As broken down as I feel...I also feel accomplished. I worked really hard and when the going got tough (about 5 minutes into the first workout)...I kept going. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I even cried for a minute at one point when my hand got pinched against the bar wrong (when I earned my little blood blister). I think the tears were more out of frustration and fatigue than they were from pain. I told myself out loud, "C'MON MC! GET IT TOGETHER! SHAKE IT OFF!"...and I did. I shook it off...dried my eyes with my sweaty towel and kept going (I still had about 30 pullups to do...OUCH!). Today was really hard...and really good.

WARMUP
-----------
2 MIN ON AIRDYNE
DYNAMIC STRETCHING

WORKOUT
--------------
50 WALL BALLS (16 LB MED BALL)
50 PULLUPS
35 WALL BALLS
35 PULLUPS
20 WALL BALLS
20 PULLUPS

THEN:
UPPER BODY STRENGTH WORK:
BENCH PRESS
45 LBS X 15 TO WARM UP
THEN...MAX REPS WITH 65 LBS-3 SETS-2 MIN REST BETWEEN EACH SET
17+16+10=43 (the last set is where I REALLY started to feel weak)

THEN:
MAX REP RING PUSHUPS WITH 2 MIN REST BETWEEN SETS
10+8=18 (sad, but I was tired and just doing the best I could)

THEN:
15 CONCENTRATION CURLS (15 LB DBs)
15 SKULL CRUSHERS (15 LB DBs)
3 SUPERSETS

CARDIO
-----------
RUN 5K

No comments: