Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 427...CAUTION! bLoNdE mOmEnT aHeAd!...

I just had another BLONDE MOMENT!!! They just seem to occur so much more often than they used to...or maybe I was too young and "dumb" to notice or care...either which way I have been noticing that I'm having a plethora of "BLONDE MOMENTS" as of late (I had to use a big word so I don't seem like a TOTAL airhead)!

After a CRAZY morning full of blunders (not mine) and trying to get 2 kids going in 2 different directions, I was finally able to get out of the house to go workout. When I go up on Saturdays, no one is there...so I have to turn off the alarm when I come in and reset it when I leave. I also have to do this when I go up early to teach classes. So, the point is...I've done this...MANY times before. I had trouble setting the alarm Monday evening. It just kept beeping...and I KNEW I was putting in the same code that I have always put in...so I figured there was some issue with the alarm itself, locked up, and texted J that I wasn't able to set the alarm. Wednesday morning when I went in early, the alarm was not set...again, I thought..."Hmmmm...the alarm must STILL be on the fritz."

Today, when I went in it was set, so I went in...punched in the code...and waited for about three beeps and a green light. Instead, I got a few mean sounding beeps...no green light...and the constant tone telling me to put in the code. I tried again. I mean, maybe I just hit the wrong key...AND STILL NO GREEN LIGHT! It is at this very moment that I become aware that the alarm is about to go off...and I assume it will be LOUD. I walked out and ran to my car where I grabbed my phone to call J. Before I could punch a single number in, here came the loud siren blaring from the building. I jumped up and down by my car. "S***! S***! S***!" I called..NO ANSWER..."FIGURES! JUST MY LUCK!" I said while I was listening to a recording telling me to leave a message at the tone. I left what I'm sure sounded like the most pathetic message ever on J's phone. Then, I ran over to the pharmacy to see if I could get help.

It was SO quiet and warm in there...well except for the blaring alarm sound in the not so far distance. I didn't see any workers! Finally I saw a young boy that is sometimes stocking things in the back stock room. I sheepishly told him I set off the alarm. He smiled and said, "Oh it was you?!? I'll get somebody." The 5 minutes or so that it took for him to find the right person felt like an eternity. I felt SO DUMB...SO BLONDE!!! A really sweet man went over and turned off the alarm and apologized to ME for that happening. "Oh NO!!! I did it! You have nothing to apologize for! I should be the one apologizing to you. I've set and turned off that alarm many times. I don't know WHAT is wrong with me! I guess I'm having a blonde moment!" He smiled and his eyes seemed to say, "Yes you are, honey."A little frazzled and A LOT embarrassed I went in and opened the blinds and prepared to get started. I did a really hard workout. About 2/3 of the way through...it happened...I remembered the code. "HOLY S***!" I yelled out to no one (I was alone). I remembered the code wrong! I was typing in 1343 (not the real code just an example) and all along I should've been typing in 3143!!! Right numbers...wrong order! I shook my head..."Oh...not again." I thought. These blonde moments are just becoming all too frequent!

DYNAMIC WARMUP
----------------------

WORKOUT
---------------
20 DEADLIFTS (95 LBS)
20 BURPEES
20 D-BALL SLAMS (16 LBS)
20 KB SWINGS (35 LBS)
20 SIT UPS
20 SDHPS (65 LBS)
FARMER'S WALK ACROSS GYM AND BACK CARRYING A 40 LB DB IN EA HAND
3 ROUNDS FOR TIME (35:26)

CARDIO
-----------
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL


1 comment:

Shorty said...

Consider going brunette! LOL! I'm telling ya...when I changed my hair color from blond to brown I felt instantly more "with it." But, I must confess.... I'm still dingy. And I honestly can't blame it on my hair color. Perhaps too much hair dye seeping into my brain, but the color is the innocent bystander. Oh well... we can stick with blaming whatever works! : )