Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 431..."tiMe tO gO kiNg LeOniDaS oN tHiS!"...

Tonight I worked out with some of the guys at the gym (J, R, and Ry). It was a really brutal workout...really hard. It was also a "timed" workout, so we were moving at a fast pace with little or no rest. At one point, I was trying to do 20 heavy shoulder presses (well...heavy FOR ME)...and let me just say that I really DON'T like shoulder presses anyways. I was very tired...out of breath...and feeling like I would never get to 20. I would do 3 and drop the bar. One of the guys, R started encouraging me sayin, "Cmon! It's time to go 'King Leonidas' on this!". I said, "I can't do this." and walked over to hit my locker out of frustration. Him and J both said, "YES YOU CAN." So, I walked over and picked up that bar for what felt like the 100th time and I fought to press it over my head...all the while hearing, "Cmon! Push it up!" being yelled at me over blaring music. I FOUGHT for every rep...and I got em all and continued on with the rest of our workout. When I was done...I literally laid in the floor...sweating and exhausted...but happy. Once we were all done...and recovered...up off the floor...and talking and laughing...I looked at those guys...my friends...and I thought "I'm so lucky to be able to workout with these guys! I'm so glad they are my friends!" Tonight, I "dined in hell!" but I didn't "dine" alone!

CARDIO (this morning)
----------------------
3 MILE RUN

WORKOUT
--------------
ROW 500 M
50 SLEDGEHAMMER HITS (10 LB HAMMER)
ROW 400 M
RUN 400 M
ROW 300 M
30 KETTLEBELL SWINGS (35 LBS)
ROW 200 M
20 SHOULDER PRESS (65 LBS)
ROW 100 M
10 CLEAN AND JERK (65 LBS)

No comments: