Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 420...mUd rUn...

Today was the Mud Run and I had so much fun! We had a FABULOUS team of people that I just love from the gym and a visitor from GSX. It's so awesome to test your limits in a course like this. In fact, every time we would do an obstacle, I would think...Oh, this is where all those box jumps come in handy!...or I'm glad I have strong legs from all those squats!...or Good Thing J made me learn to climb a rope! I ended up with one blister, but it was well worth it! I was unaware of the obstacles I would face, but I was prepared! THAT is what CrossFit is about. THAT is functional fitness in it's truest form.I think the best part of today was the people that I ran with...that I encouraged and that encouraged me as well...the guys who gave me a hand (or 2) when my foot was stuck in the mud...the other woman that inspired me with her 8 DEAD HANG pull ups...the team mate that has NEVER run that far, but pushed himself and kept up...the friends that came out just to support us and to congratulate us in the end. It truly felt like family, and I am so truly grateful to know and associate with each and every one of them. THANK YOU B...R...D...K...and V for an amazing morning of "fun"! MUDRUN '08
----------------
10K (6.2 MILES) WITH 15 OBSTACLES ALONG THE WAY INCLUDING:
-A WALL CLIMB
-A TUBE CRAWL
-RUNNING THROUGH MUDDY WATER
-A MUDDY CRAWL UNDER WIRES
-RUNNING UP AND DOWN HILLS
-A CARGO NET CLIMB
-GOING UNDER AND OVER LOGS WITH WATER SHOULDER HIGH
-A DIRT HILL CLIMB WITH A MASSIVE SLIP N SLIDE HILL GOING DOWN THE OTHER SIDE INTO MUDDY WATER
-GOING OVER AND UNDER "HURDLES" THAT GOT PROGRESSIVELY HIGHERSOME OBSTACLES WERE HIT MORE THAN ONCE.

I CAN'T REMEMBER THE REST BUT THIS PRETTY WELL COVERS IT.
Oh...and we got the "fun" experience of being hosed off with fire hoses! Talk about COLD!!!...and YES I prepared!...and NO I did not "point" at anyone! ;)

No comments: