Monday, November 3, 2008

Day 415...fuLL ciRcLe...

I had a few things happen at the start of my day that frustrated me...and made me wonder why I do what I do. It's hard to do something that forces people to do things they don't always want to do...or that they don't like to do...or that maybe they want to do but still struggle with. It's hard to be a control freak and come to terms with the fact that my clients success lies in their own hands at the end of the day. I can encourage and push and plan and advise and teach...but the time they spend with me is just a fraction of their day. They have to want change and they have to make it happen. Once I reminded myself of these things...my perspective fell right where it should be. In fact, I myself was not feeling very motivated. It's hard to workout everyday...to keep your body healthy. It's good I have those days because it helps me relate to the people I work with...and if there's one thing I have come to learn...it is that trainers and their clients are more alike that people may think. I came full circle I guess.

CROSSFIT WARMUP
--------------------------
10 OH SQUATS (PVC)
10 GHD SITUPS
10 GHD BACK EXTENSIONS
10 PULLUPS
10 PUSHUPS
10 RING DIPS (BAND ASSIST)
3 ROUNDS

WORKOUT
---------------
BACK SQUATS
45 LBS X 15
65 LBS X 10
95 LBS X 5
105 LBS X 3
115 LBS X 3
125 LBS X 1 (3X, LAST 2 ATTEMPTS FAILED)

THEN:
10 RDL WITH 95LBS
3 SETS

THEN:
25 DONKEY KICKS (EA LEG)
25 WEIGHTED SITUPS UNANCHORED
3 SUPERSETS

CARDIO
-----------
ELLIPTICAL-30 MIN-HILLS

No comments: