Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 434...sLeeP cAn dO aMaZinG tHiNgS...

I had a real crappy day yesterday...so at about 10:30...I took off my makeup and went to bed. I woke up at 8:00 this morning and I felt like a NEW woman...literally. I'm a night owl so I stay up late and wake up tired almost everyday. I went out and fixed myself 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast and then got dressed to go up to the gym for a workout with J and a few of our friends that workout up there.

Of course, I LOVED working out with those guys! I always do. I feel a bit bad because I was being a girly whiner about a few of the exercises...mainly Handstand Pushups. R offered to help me a million times, but I said "No. No. No." I have never worked on them since kicking J in the face the first time we tried to work on them. I have got to get over my fear of failure. They are my friends for heavens sake! Anyways, I just did my pushups with my feet elevated on a 28 in box...not the same but the best I could come up with.

The funniest thing that happened was that one of the guys called his little brother to come up so that we would have an even number for our "team" workout. This kid is in good shape...but Crossfit can be brutal if your body is not used to it...hell it can be brutal when your body IS used to it. We are going along in our groups and I look outside and notice that this poor kid is barfing his guts up in the lawn. I mean it went on for a good 5 minutes. Now, here's the funny part...at our gym...no one says "Are you ok?". J and B ran and got their cameras and took pics of the kid yacking on the ground! I continued to row on the rower because I didn't wanna hurt my team's time...besides he had 3 dudes all right there watching him so I figured he'd be okay! When he was "done"...he wiped off his mouth and went right back into the workout full force. Love that! Today was fun.

2 "MAN" TEAM WORKOUT (ONLY ONE PERSON AT A TIME WORKING...SWITCH OFF AS DESIRED)

ROW 1000M
30 "MAN-MAKERS" (I USED 20 LB DBs)
50 PULLUPS
TIRE FLIP/JUMP IN AND OUT
70 KB SWINGS (44 LBS)
50 HANDSTAND PUSHUPS
30 MED BALL CHEST PASS (20 LB DYNAMAX BALL)
800 M D-BALL THROW AND CHASE (PARTNER DOES PUSHUPS, SITUPS, SQUATS, LUNGES...WHATEVER WHILE PARTNER RUNS TO BALL AND THROWS IT)

RC AND D=29:23
B AND R =29:40
ME AND J=29:50

I ate lunch then drove straight to the park and...
RUN 4.5 MILES

No comments: