Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 97...good one...

Today was good. It wasn't the hardest workout of my life, but I still had a good workout. I'm struggling to come to grips with the fact that, as my new trainer, J said the other day, "it doesn't have to be an a-- whippin everytime to get benefit" from a workout. J gave me another good workout today. Now that I don't have my workouts written out for me on paper, I have to just try and remember or describe what I was told to do...the best I can. Forgive me...I don't know the correct names of the exercises.

Here's a rough idea of what we did:
I did 1 min of BALL SLAMS with a 12# medicine ball
then: 15 KTEs (knees to elbows)
1 min RENEGADE ROWS (20#-horizontal hold)
1 min SWISS BALL REV CRUNCH - hands on the floor, feet on ball pulling it in toward body)
1 min SEATED ROWS (40# in squat position hovering over the bench/not sitting)
1 min SM MED BALL IN & OUT OF LEGS (sitting in a "V" formation)
1 min FORWARD INDIVIDUAL ARM PRESS w cable in a deep lunge position (10# ???)
15(?) LAT PULLDOWNS (70# in a hovering squat position, rather than sitting on the bench)

We did 2 ROUNDS (I think) then went outside to throw the 12# MEDICINE BALL against the building (first underhanded for I think a minute, then overhand ONLY using my arms and shoulders-no knee bends or help from my legs-RATS!)

Then I did 100 LUNGES and 30 MIN OF INTERVALS ON THE ELLIPTICAL & 10 MIN ON THE UPRIGHT BIKE (HILLS)

Today was good. I will be out of town until Sunday, so no updates until then...

No comments: