Saturday, December 1, 2007

Day 79...wOrN OuT...

I am worn out as I write this. My eyes are heavy and my muscles are not sore, but they are definitely tired. I want to get in bed, but I won't. It's overcast and cool and damp, and it's kinda dark in my house. The fighting has subsided between my kids and it's quiet. These factors add to the feeling of fatigue I'm experiencing, but I think my workout this morning is the real cause.

I LOVE to take a "beating" when I'm working out. I really do. It's the only way I feel a sense of accomplishment afterwards. Weird? Yes. Sick? Probably. The only problem is that somedays when I work that hard, I feel worn out for the rest of the day. I feel like "I left it all on the table" so to speak and I have no more. I never regret that because I'm committed and know that that means I truly gave it my all...that I didn't cheat or cut corners. I've had fun working out alongside my husband the last couple of Saturdays. He's not a hardcore maniac like me, so I recognize that it is a real struggle and sacrifice for him to join in the abuse. I don't know if he knows how much I enjoy and appreciate it.

Today's workout took a long time to complete. Once again I forgot to look at the clock when I started...so frustrating that I keep doing that. I'm guessing it took 45 min. It was a deceiving workout on paper. I thought it would be a breeze...short...but it was challenging...and long. I truly enjoyed it though. It was worth feeling worn out afterwards, because I also feel strong and committed and proud.

WEEK 11/ DAY 6
5 MIN WARM UP ON CROSSTRAINER
SHOULDER PRESS 15#
DB BICEP CURL 15#
TRICEP PRESSDOWN 20 #
PUSHUPS
SEATED ROWS 55#
LEG EXTENSION 30#
LEG CURL 50#
CALF LIFT 70#
21, 18, 15, 12, 9

CARDIO
35 MIN ON ELLIPTICAL (NO HANDS) DOING INTERVALS
5 MIN STRETCH
TOTAL TIME= ???...ALOT!

No comments: