Sunday, December 9, 2007

Day 87...i tHiNk...i'M thAnKFuL...

Sometimes, it's hard to know what to write...especially on Sundays...my "rest" day. It seems that if I can't come up with something great...something thought provoking or brilliant...I should just...not write anything at all. Unfortunately, if that were the case...I'd never write, so here goes what I have... I'm human. I have good days and bad days. I try to be positive (TRY being the key word in that sentence), but it doesn't always come out that way. I try to be thankful, but somedays...that can be a real job. As I thought about what to write today, yes...it may not appear so, but I do actually think about it...I was thinking that it's cold and I'm sore and I want to be thankful...and I am...I'm just not sure exactly what for specifically.

As I thought and wrestled with those thoughts, I was reminded of a quote. Buddha once said, "Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn alot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us be thankful." So, being humbled by those words, I can say this...I am sore, but I am satisfied. I am satisfied because I know that I am doing all I can to be in great physical shape...to strengthen my body and to "perfect my soul". I am hurting, but I am hopeful...and with that hope comes happiness...happiness because I have overcome my perceived limitations and the fear that accompanies them and hope because I never want to lose the desire for more...hope that I will continue to knock down the walls that keep me from reaching my true potential...hope that there is more for me. I am cold, but I am careful...careful to give thanks for the simplest of blessings...a warm house...a comfortable bed...food in my belly. These things seem like a given, but they are not for so many...not for the man on the street tonight...cold and hungry.

We can always be thankful...as long as we can draw breath...because as long as we are breathing...we are alive. Thanks, Buddha.....

NO WORKOUT OR CARDIO/ REST DAY

No comments: