Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day 49...it will ONLY hurt for a minute...


I felt rushed today, because once again...I had an appointment to see my podiatrist. I breezed through my book of workouts to try and find one that I could do at home, since I still wasn't feeling "up" to going to the gym. I found one...it nearly killed me...but I DID it. I think I'm worn down and just weaker in general because of this illness (obviously), but also because of the meds I'm on. It's hard to workout like I do with "medicine head"...I feel very dizzy...like my head is too heavy for my neck. I did it and then all I had time for was 20 minutes of cardio on my elliptical. That was so hard for me, because I think 30 minutes should be the MINIMUM amount of time for cardio...everyday...no matter who you are...young...old...strong...weak...no matter what the situation...rain...shine...tornado...no excuses. We can always find time to do what we WANT to do...so why not time for what we SHOULD do???...I SHOULD have done 30 minutes of cardio...BUUUT I NEEDED to go to the podiatrist...today.

I'm sick of my foot hurting and I want to be back in high heels!...and be able to walk like an adult in them...instead of a girl playing dress up! I'm starting a series of injections today to kill the nerve that's causing the pain, because the steroid injections didn't work...they made it better...but the pain is still there...nagging. I'll go back every two weeks until it is dead...numb...which can take anywhere from 2 to 7 injections. The injections are probably really painful in most people's opinions, but they don't really bother me. As soon as it starts to really hurt, it's over. My doctor is so sweet. She thought it was funny that I showed up in pointy toed, high heels...for a "foot pain appt.". She's quit telling me, "It'll only hurt for a minute." and I think she has stopped being freaked out by my reaction...or lack thereof...to having a needle shoved in my foot. My foot already feels strange...more proof that NOTHING in life is free. The pain will go away, but my foot will always feel different...it already does. It is a bit unnerving, but I made the choice and I assume I'll just get used to it. Even if I don't...I will live with it. Soooo, I struggled through my workout and made it to the doctor. I was a FEW minutes late...and a few minutes short on cardio...but I did it...and did it the best I could!

WEEK 7/ DAY 4
(5 min warm up-jump rope...arm circles...etc.)
20 X DEADLIFT (2/25# DBs)
20 X BURPEES
20 X MED BALL SLAM 10#
20 X KETTLEBELL SWING 25#
20 X SITUPS
20 X SUMO DEADLIFT HIGHPULLS 35# KETTLEBELL
FARMER'S WALK 35# DBs
3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
20 MIN ELLIPTICAL

No comments: