Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Days 72...73...74...75...sooo behind


Well, once again, I have let myself get behind. I don't know if it's the time of year or what...I've just been off. I want to go to bed, but I hate feeling like I have unfinished business...so I'll try to give a quick update and try to be more on track in the future.

DAY 72...WEEK 10/DAY 6...SATURDAY...

That was a fun one! I asked P to work out with me...side by side...following W's workout. It was harder for him than I expected...NOT because he's not in good shape...because this "style" of working out takes getting used to. It's very strenuous and frankly...it's not for everyone....everyone CAN do it...but not many WANT to. It hurts and it's tiring. He was great. I finished quicker and wasn't sore, but that's only because I do this EVERY day. I don't know about him, but I had fun. Like Mark Twight says, "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun!"

WORKOUT
20 X DEADLIFT 55#
20 X BURPEES
20 X MED BALL SLAM 10#
20 X KB SWING 25# (PAUL USED 35# KB)
20 X SITUPS
20 X SUMO DEADLIFT HIGHPULL W/ 25# KB (PAUL USED 45# DB)
FARMER'S WALK (2) 30# DB
3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
30 MIN RUN (EASY 7.0) ON TREADMILL

DAY 73...SUNDAY...REST...AHHHH! =)

DAY 74...WEEK 11/DAY 1...MONDAY

That was a good workout and a bit of a bittersweet day. I decided to "explore" the idea of hiring a new trainer. I talked to W and he says he's never coming back...at least not for a long time...and never to train =( There's only one trainer that I would consider at my gym, so I e-mailed him and he called me and we met before I worked out that morning. He was very nice, but it was weird. I think he was impressed by my "book" from W and my current workout. It was eye opening in a way. This guy has a great body and I have been so impressed when I've seen him personally workout. I guess I expected some expert...he wasn't...nobody is really. I guess some times we expect professionals to be super human and all knowing, but that's not fair...we are all just mortals. He didn't know what some of the exercises I have been doing are...so I demonstrated and explained. It's not that he doesn't know exercises..it's that some of these are a bit obscure...unorthodox even. I don't think he knows what a kettlebell is and was interested and perplexed by mine that I brought in. He will take me through a workout next Monday and then we'll see. He may surprise me. I think he's wondering why I want a trainer. I explained that I NEED a challenge and change ever so often. W just did that for me...I didn't have to ask or worry...He always knew when it was time to change or "up the ante". I'll give this guy a chance, but I worry that it will never be fair. He can't live up to my friend...my teacher and coach...NOT because he's incapable...he's good...it's because I'm afraid that I will compare him and never give him a real chance. W has no idea how talented he really is. I do...but he doesn't...not really. I don't want anyone else, but I have to continue to progress and I think (hope) that this new guy and I will get along just fine. It's odd...spending so much one on one time...in a fun, painful, frustrating, exhilarating and fulfilling situation. It really can bring people close. W is my friend. I wish he were here to train me, but he is doing what he needs to do...what is making him happy...so I'm trying to live in the present and not think about what was or could be. I believe there are no coincidences in life...what happens is meant to happen. I'm just lucky that eventhough I've lost the best trainer EVER...I still have a friend. I DO miss the laughter though...so much. So anyway, my workout was great. I added a bunch of stuff and nearly killed myself, but I felt good. I'm a sicko!

WORKOUT
5 MIN WARMUP ON CROSSTRAINER
RDL 60#
BOX JUMP
KB SWING 25#
21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3
(16 MIN)

THEN I ADDED...
SITUPS ON THE INCLINE BENCH ALL THE WAY UP-15 REPS
SHOULDER PRESS 15#-15 REPS
CABLE- SHOULDER PRESS FORWARD (SORRY DON'T KNOW THE NAME) 15#- 15 REPS EA ARM
LEGLIFT LYING ON THE BENCH - 30 SEC W/O STOP EA LEG
BICEP BAR CURL 10# - 25 REPS
RUN (8.5 TREADMILL)
3 ROUNDS
(ABOUT 30 MIN)

CARDIO
UPRIGHT BIKE 10 MIN (LOW RESISTANCE/FAST SPEED)
WALK AT HIGHEST INCLINE (15 DEGREES) AT 4.5 SPEED ON TREADMILL FOR 35 MIN
5 MIN STRETCH
TOTAL TIME= ABOUT 1 HR 40 MIN

Day 75...WEEK 11...DAY 2...TUESDAY...TODAY

Today was good. My hamstrings are sore from those RDLs yesterday and my knees are bothering me...of course, this did not slow me down. What did slow me down, was another trainer, R. Bless his heart! He wants to impress me and...he can't. He came to tell me that he has found the "ultimate workout". "Oh great!" I said, "What is it?" He then asks if I've ever heard of the movie "300". I said I had and told him I was familiar with the workout and spewed about Mark Twight's "greatness" and told him to check out the "Gym Jones" site. I think I burst his bubble, but I couldn't lie. He followed me and wanted to "assist" me with my pullups. I love having someone...anyone...to help me...it does make a difference when you are doing the work with help rather than modifying the exercise...but he wanted me to start doing pulldowns and say what I NEED to do to be able to do pullups etc...what he would do "if he were my trainer"....It felt like he was lobbying for my business and it makes me feel bad, because as nice as he is...he's not capable of training me in the way I need to be trained. I'm hard to handle and it takes the right person. I think this was spurred by my meeting with J yesterday. COMPETITION! Spare me! So, after he quit following me and "helping" me...I got done pretty quick. I was not able to time my workout, due to the distraction. Again...great workout...great day!

WORKOUT
5 MIN WARM UP CROSSTRAINER
20 X BALL TOSS
20 X MED BALL SLAM 10#
20 BOX JUMPS
20 THRUSTERS 55# (HARD TO FINISH W/ HURTING KNEES)
20 PULLUPS (ASSISTED AT FEET)
20 BACK EXTENSIONS HOLDING 10#
20 SITUPS
RUN .25 MILES (8.5 TREADMILL)
3 ROUNDS

CARDIO
30 MIN CROSSTRAINER
5 MIN STRETCH

No comments: