Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 53...squat!...swing!...pull!...repeat...


I was feeling a little anxious over my "weekday" return to the gym. I worked out at home last week once I found out I had shingles. I finally went back on Saturday...but Saturday is totally different than during the week. Saturday, my husband and the same 5 middle aged guys are there every week. There's always a few other people, but there are the regulars. Also, Mr. C is usually not there to bug me. I was excited to do the workout with my kettlebell, but I always get anxious about bringing my own stuff into the gym. I never know how Mr. C will react...or what he might say...he's not known for his "people skills". I knew he was gonna ask me when we could reschedule our "workout" since I missed it last week (snap!). I started to just workout at home, but I knew it would just make it harder tomorrow...so I started a load of laundry, made my bed, and went...kettlebell in hand.

It was late by the time I got myself there...almost 10AM. I warmed up and got started. The workout went fast. Mr. C came by to ask me about the whole shingles issue and I explained the best I could. Luckily, he didn't stick around too long or ask when he could in his words..."work me out". Whew! Oh, and as for the kettlebell sitting right by where he walked...I don't think he saw it, as he was too busy reading my shirt...very carefully. I did alot of cardio, but felt good. When W made my workout book, he put dumdbells down instead of kettlebells, because at the time I didn't have any. It was great to do it with the kettlebell...like the good ol days. It really makes a difference having all that weight concentrated on one spot rather than divided in two. It's the same weight, but a different feeling alltogether! I'm glad I went back today. I really have no complaints...I wasn't harrassed and I'm feeling better. Overall, today was a pretty good day at the gym.

WEEK 8/DAY 1
(5 min warmup)
SQUAT 80, 64, 48, 32, 24, 12
KETTLEBELL SWING 25# 40, 32, 24, 16, 12, 6
PULLUP (JUMPING) 20, 16, 12, 8, 6, 3
(17 min)

CARDIO
30 MIN ELLIPTICAL (NO HANDS) ON WEIGHT LOSS INTERVALS
20 MIN "EASY" RUN ON TREADMILL (7.0) AND THEN 5 MIN WALK
(5 min stretch)
TOTAL TIME = 1 HR 22 MIN

No comments: